Orange County's Android Community Group for Developers+Users Message Board OCAndroid VENUES past+present+possible http://1.JotHere.com/LH2C7F › multiple venues talked about as a group and and of not a clear single category

multiple venues talked about as a group and and of not a clear single category

A former member
Post #: 460
This is a thread for when it's not practical breaking up the particular venue talk by venue (a thread for each venue), such as when saying something as "I called 23 more places mostly tec companys ...".

It is NOT for when talking about a single venue (as "Panera Bread on Jamboree in Tustin") or a clear class of venue (such as "Panera Bread chain" --each of these belongs on its own thread.
A former member
Post #: 2
found a solid lead on a venue
Prosum a IT company in irvine
they have a room with a 15 person round table, projector, wifi
our contact is one of there recruters
he has a nice history of helping various tec groups in different ways
they would like to meet our leadership this monday midday or later
so we need to pick a time
the sooner the better
lets jump on it
who is up for checking it out
[any one of you can call me anytime
Scott Drake XXX XXX XX31>>exact phone #s are not to be posted per "Read more about us" rule "(LTECMG=No posting direct contacts (as phone #s & emails) except for carpooling & finding-at-a-group-event." -see that plus it's parent rule helping to explain why.

NOTE THE DISCUSSION OF THIS IS MOVED -see my next post.

-Destiny]

ps thank you destiny for the url
A former member
Post #: 466
As the prior post represents a single venue, it belongs in its own thread -continue the discussion of this there. Even with admin rights, I unfortunately can't correct (as move) a mis-posted thread so I give this link.

See my 1st post on this thread (above) for what this thread is for.

Still awaiting awaiting Scott to post here the content of his email to me Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM, plus any updates & additional details on that not specific to any one venue or class of venue (in those cases, that goes on its own thread for that).
A former member
Post #: 477
Per the end of my prior post, Scott hasn't yet posted his email here, so I will post it as we now have more items to post here and I don't want stuff to get out of order.
Date: Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Subject: More cold calls
To: Destiny <LCD.. @loverules.info>

I called 23 more places mostly tec companys
Some posibilitys nothing confirmed
I would have rather just posted to the group but meetup.com is a pit of confusion to me still
Well I hope you had better results
Se ya
Peace

Great work, Scott! Indeed I've mentioned this your work in my yesterday nite email to all active members featuring you! Just put your work not in private messages but in posts here, in the right places, so everyone can see & participate and it won't get lost; just follow "Unobvious essentials to know&do to get&give replies on any Meetup.com (discussion=message) (board=thread) http://1.JotHere.com/...­" which I wrote seeing your effort and not understandably not knowing how to do this. Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 478
Delightfully member John Romine "Posted Mar 6, 2012 8:53 AM" these 3 venue suggestions (originally accidentally misposted here)
There's a meeting room at the Lake Forest branch of the OC Public Library. We've used this room for OC Drupal meetups (but I didn't book it, and don't know the details). Here's an example of a group who is using the room http://cocoaheads.org...­

The Irvine Ranch Water District also has meeting rooms. See http://www.irwd.com/c...­

For occasional meetups, I could offer space at UC Irvine, but it's going to cost $10/car to park on-campus.

Thanks much! But before responding to these, it's far best if they are in the right location. As this forum explains, these need to each be their own forum thread.