Post #: 613
MNCHC2: Around 2012.10 the venue wrongly decided I could not reserve the venue (claiming that we had missed reservations that we hadn't, and that they wouldn't verify); so
MNCHHY: *we met at Paradise Perks.
MNCHIF: *But after a few months past, around 2013.04 I persuaded the manager Katie to undo that.
Post #: 614
MNCHQW: We 1st re-reserved the venue again for MIComm's Google I/O 2013 http://1.JotHere.com/...
-see that for details.
Post #: 615
MNCHX8: On 2013.05.17Fri2200~ (at end of MIComm's Orange County Google I/O Extended 2013(6th annual) Day3of3 (as on OCAndroid)
), I talk with the venue manager Katie about future bookings for the 3 most active community groups I oversee:
- MNEB4U: Motivation for all: the venue was enjoyed and worked out well, especially now that I bought & brought portable (high-speed wireless plus a powered-outlet strip & wiring for all 9 of 9 tables).
- MNEAUM: (which was all but OCPython).
- MNEHUR: Meeting time moved somewhat: 30min earlier & 15min longer
MNEB7G: *Note there is the ongoing problem the place closes early (10pm) plus that workers hate to have anyone in room near close (as at least they believe they are unpaid if they have to say after close), so, as I had started doing for this last event, I said we'd be out by 15min before close so at 9:45pm.
MNEBE6: *But since our routine Main meetings (in all groups) routinely go over their allotted time (sometimes as much as 1hr), I then scheduled to start 30min earlier;
MNEBGW: *this makes a net increase of the time meeting duration just 15min, not say 45min, but since the start time (for all but Poly) was now 5:30pm, it just didn't seem realistic (this during a week night) to start any earlier.
- MMZ8ZX: Ask for 2013.05.30Thu1730-2145 for "OCAndroid Main Meetup #68(training4 coders+users, hacking, &more via cmts!)+" 11 people expected; Katie schedules. http://meetup.com/OCA... ; no conflict this time with
- MMZ90W: For OC-Python Main Meetup 2013.05, ask for maybe something other than 2013.05.26Sun1800-2200 (which is a bit soon and in the middle of Memorial day weekend); moved to 2013.05.29Wed1730-2145.
- MMZ904: Ask for 2013.06.04Tue1800-2145 for OC-Polyamory 2013.06 ; Tue don't reserve and 03Mon & 05Wed have parties so reserve room 06Thu1730-2145 for 5ppl but will try to use the side area.
Katie might come.
- MMZANP: The busy days down are Wed,Tue,Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon,Thu.
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Jun 4, 2013 5:24 PM
Post #: 794
- NCYEK8=See also its thread at http://meetup.com/OCJ...
- NCYELP=check for reservations
- NCYERO=call q(Round Table Pizza of 92630(Lake Forest) (949) 859-8888 - work \\ 10/4/14 9:24 PM 3 minutes ago 3 minutes long ) Al answers. says on those 2 dates, room is free (so I havent yet reserved it). Say I'll call back if need them. Says tonight they open until 11pm.
- NCYH3I=SMS & call
Me to Ben Junya (81X) XXX-XX01 -mobile
10/4/14 9:56 PM 10 minutes ago
Me: Ben, ur presentation http://meetup.com/OCA... looks great. Currently on Mon eve; like to talk w/u about delaying the date to get more RSVPs YES. When can u call a few mins? 9:37 PM
call from Ben to me q(10/4/14 9:38 PM 28 minutes ago 16 minutes long)
- NCYGEX=call q(Round Table Pizza of 92780(Tustin) (714) 838-2242 - mobile
10/4/14 10:00 PM 6 minutes ago 5 minutes long ); Haily. Reserve Banquet room for 2014.10.13Mon1800-2130: For OCAndroid wearable computing. She thinks it's neat.
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Oct 4, 2014 10:15 PM