Post #: 481
. Since the campus is huge, we of course would just use a part of it, such as a room in a library or a classroom.
Thursday night I 1st checked this out.
- Pro: lots of college students and Asians (and certain Asian gals are my type :-)
- Con: on the outskirts of central OC.
- Con: Most meeting rooms are a long walk from parking.
- Notable con: not exactly freeway close, though not too far from 73 but that's a toll way for parts.
- Serious Con: Costly parking.
- $2/hr was lowest I could find (big parking structure on right side of main entrance), and that's pretty far from most every classroom & library unless one met in the student center.
- One could park for free in the Market place across the street, but that is also pretty packed up and an even longer walk and probably wouldn't be allowed for on-campus visits.
- I visited the UCI Science Library. They've got rooms (study rooms with a big table) which fully close on a first come, first serve basis (no reservations). They were about 80% full, but possible to find empty ones. A few could hold up to 10 people.
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Mar 6, 2012 4:31 PM
Post #: 482
Member John Romine posted
... For occasional meetups, I could offer space at UC Irvine, but it's going to cost $10/car to park on-campus.