Dear all now 217 OCAndroid members
, hope you've been well over this exciting month of July, complete with a 4th fireworks, citizen protests in Anaheim, and now the Olympics.TODAY 6pm-10pm just S. of Irvine Spectrum: OCAndroid Main Meetup #59,
- BEST TABLETS by leader Lucy
- OUYA GAME CONSOLE by participants
- GOOGLE JOB: leader Bill will talk about how coming to OCAndroid then caused him to learn Android programming so landing him his 1st Android programming job within ~1mo! And now possibly-landing him his 2nd coding job, this time with Google! (-interviews in progress, which he'll tell of). Plus he'll demo some code he's been working with (possibly another Android app he wrote just last week for another programming interview: yep, write-an-app as part of the job interview!).
- and more from our very-complete agenda.
M7YRZZ[/url]: WE ALWAYS NEED MORE LEADERS.
Post your interest in helping on the event comments!
See latest full details & RSVP & comment at the event listing http://www.meetup.com...
Orange, CAPost #: 505
M7ZZSM: For this & future such announcements, something as the following needs to be appended
M7ZZQN: How to reply? If regarding the event, post on the event page. If regarding this event announcement (a search for it), post a reply on that." And per our group's rule "tell the website", only send email or other private message or talk when unavoidable.
- M7ZZXR: Without this, leader Bill emailed me a reply to this instead of posting. Yes he would know to instead post by our rule for feedback, but (though not an excuse) by this email, without that, it would have taken some work in order to find where to post.
- M7ZZXZ: So why didn't include this where to post in my email? Because Meetup doesn't tell you where the email will be posted until after the email has been sent to everyone. And so only a few minutes ago did I come up with this clever trick (using Meetup search) to be able to include in the email a link to where it's posted before that even exists.
M7ZZYK: Study the URL to see how I made it. Adding an ID for the message body then searching for that ID would certainly find it uniquely (which doesn't happen --one gets all posts in the thread-- if just searching for keywords in the title. I would have added an ID had I just not questioned my rule to always add IDs.
Edited by DestinyArchitect on Jul 30, 2012 4:59 PM