align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Orange County's Android Community Group for Developers+Users Message Board OCAndroid VENUES past+present+possible http://1.JotHere.com/LH2C7F › MNEBNX: about this forum (on venues for OCAndroid)

MNEBNX: about this forum (on venues for OCAndroid)

A former member
Post #: 616
MNEBOL: initial post
MNEG9P: This forum is modified at
http://www.meetup.com...­ --it's "forumId=1501427"

MNEBOU: I created this forum.
MNEGGH: When this forum created? It's not clear without reading the 1st post in every thread, but:
MNEGBO: *­post on 2011.01.20 seems like one of the earliest.
MNEGBY: The ID of its URL http://1.JotHere.com/...­ suggest "{Wed Feb 23 2011 01:11:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Daylight Time)}" -not quite as early.

MNEBQB: This forum is to hold all venue prospects (for OCAndroid), with 1 venue prospect per thread and visa versa.
LH2C8F: Each venue gets its own thread named by the venue name; if a lot of issues with a venue, it may have extra threads.
LH2C8T: Current & definite-future venues are pinned (so will be listed first), everything else is unpinned.

MNEBR9: I think from creation, this forum was private (readable by members only) to insure non-members couldn't read in here to figure out where we were meeting, as (starting with) our event listing says "Venue is shown only to members" to require members to join (both Meetup & our group) and not be lurkers.
MNEBUG: *Indeed, some, as member Pete, only joined (our group, meetup, plus then about 4 other Meetup groups) once I started hiding the venue from the public on Meetup listings.
A former member
Post #: 617
MNEBWX: Update

• MNEBX6: This forum has worked out fairly with limited exceptions.
  • MNEBYC: a notable exception is it doesn't facilitate multiple groups sharing venue info & planning.
    MNEBZ8: *in the fact that non-members can't post there, even if they are members of other sister groups. This can't be fixed if the forum is stored here as Meetup doesn't offer that.
    MNEC0K: *another is that this forum is private to only members (per above point MNEBR9). This I can fix: by making the forum public.
    MNEFUU: **and now I have notable motive; I simultaneously scheduled a venue for 3 groups, so it's key the other 2 can see them.
    MNEFWD: **this should not cause too much trouble: while now the (showing the event location only to members) can be defeated, it still won't be obvious how so my bet is most people won't go searching to defeat it, they'll just join.
    MNEG02: **so now I make this forum public (from formerly members only).