December 6, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Matthew O’Loughlin advises public and private companies, serial entrepreneurs, investors and investment banks on corporate and transactional matters. This includes acting as outside corporate counsel, advising boards of directors and assisting companies with their day-to-day legal needs. His transactional expertise includes advising clients in connection with public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, SEC reporting matters and corporate governance. Matt also represents investment banks acting as financial advisors in mergers and acquisitions and as underwriters and placement agents in capital markets transactions.
Matt’s experiences spans a number of industries, including technology, media and entertainment, consumer/retail, life science/healthcare and financial institutions. Matt is co-editor of M&A Law, the newsletter of Manatt’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group.
His public company capital markets and securities experience encompasses a range of transactions; Example transactions include, representing:
- FBR Capital Markets in the initial public offering of Homestreet, Inc.
- Superconductor Technologies Inc. in various follow-on offerings
- MDB Capital in a PIPE offering for Crossroads Systems, Inc.
- ChromaDex Corporation in a PIPE offering
- CVB Financial Corp in a common stock offering
- East West Bancorp Inc. in a common stock offering
- Deutsche Bank in the initial public offering of Galiot Capital
- Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation in a preferred stock follow-on offering
- Credit Suisse in the initial public offering of CBRE Realty Finance
His mergers and acquisitions experience encompasses a range of transactions; Example transactions include, representing:
- Roth Capital in its capacity as financial advisor to ZAGG Incorporated in its acquisition of IFrogz
- Houlihan Lokey in its acquisition of Red Pine Advisors
- Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of a Swiss patent holding company
- Concord Music Group in its acquisition of Rounder Records
- Boat International Media in its acquisition of Showboats International
- ProElite in the sale of certain assets to Explosion Entertainment (Strikeforce)
- Herb Thyme Farms, Inc., in its acquisition by merger by The Riverside Company.
- Cash Systems, Inc. in its merger with Global Cash Access, Inc.
- Ria Envia, Inc. in connection with its sale to Euronet, Inc.
- Progressive Healthcare Systems in connection with its combination with Lakeside Healthcare, Inc.
- Bell Industries, Inc. in the divestiture of a business division to Bourns, Inc.
- Mitsui & Co in various investments and dispositions
Prior to joining Manatt, Matt worked as corporate counsel for a financial services company in Orange County, California, and as a tax policy analyst for the New Zealand government.
All you need is a positive mind, the desire to challenge the status quo and willpower. If you have an internet device or any other technology you wish to share with the group, feel free to bring it, although we can use the equipment at the store.
Apologies in advance as we will have to cap this group at 30 due to the space we have available. To be fair RSVP will be on first come first serve basis. Please keep your RSVP current so others that maybe on the waiting list can still make it. Thanks