OC Hackerz Message Board Career Opportunities › Senior Software Engineer - ActionScript, (Gaming full-time direct hire), Ora

Senior Software Engineer - ActionScript, (Gaming full-time direct hire), Orange County, CA

Tremaine F.
user 12240848
Irvine, CA
Post #: 2
Hello All, I have an exciting and exclusive full time direct hire search I am conducting for a local gaming company. Please see the details below and contact me with your interest. You'll be working with me directly throughout the process.

Advantage Placements is conducting an exclusive search for Senior Software Engineer in the Orange County area.

Our client is a growing, dynamic software development company, with an original approach to game design, addressing the challenges of students in early academic development. The software development process is based on scientific analysis and the deployment of SaaS based games across multiple platforms.

Our client’s products are highly engaging games, with a focus on visual learning to improve and increasing the academic accomplishments of young students.

Characteristics of a successful candidate:
Highly creative.
Strong mathematic skills.
The ability to translate mathematic concepts into interactive games.
Passionate and highly committed to creating high quality game and software products.
Be able to clearly articulate ideas and challenges to various audiences.
Strong commitment to and advocacy of the company mission.
Excel in a fast-paced development environment.
Enjoy a collaborative team-oriented approach to software development.

Key Responsibilities of a successful Senior Software Engineer:
Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to develop highly visual, interactive tablet and web-based games that teach math concepts and skills.
Work with game designers and engineering leaders to plan, design, and code new games.
Work with game designers to analyze, diagnose, and fix usability and learning issues.
Work closely with the QA team to ensure that test plans comprehensively validate user/gaming experience.
Design and code web applications and shared components.
Participate in agile, iterative planning activities.
Perform peer design and code reviews.
Promote high quality and timely completion of projects.

Minimum Skill & Experience Requirements:
B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
6+ years of overall software development experience with focus on UI and/or gaming
2+ years experience ActionScript 3, MXML, and Flex/Flash Builder
Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
Excellent teamwork, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
Solid math background and ability to see and understand math visually

Additional Qualifications:
Skilled with implementation of screen transitions, window tweening, and drag & drop effects
Experience with the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Experience with design patterns and communicating technical designs with UML
Experience with text concepts such as unicode, internationalization, and font rendering
Knowledge of Agile software development (Scrum)
Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.

Please contact me: Tremaine Friend, Manager of HR & IT Recruiting
E: tfriend@advantageplacements.com O: 949.381.3784 or Click Here to Apply