OC-Python Main Meetup 2013.03(Decorators, GAE, Async, PyCon, &more via cmts!)
March 26, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
MEEvtL MITE5M: RSVP & comment now.
- MEQNTI: Python-related discussion & presentations & hacking
- MFOITP: Recent+Upcoming Occurrences plus Changes in Effect Today, in order of start time:
- MK96K2: 2010.01.27- member Dan Stromberg founds group
- MK979B: Repeat: every 1 month
- MK96FL: Time: 18:30-21:30~ (3 hours)
- MK984Z: 2010.02.25Thu: 1st occurrence
- MEQLGO: Location: An awesome hacking space (room) by the OC Airport 405 & 55Fwy in Irvine, CA 92614; includes free wifi Internet (password on whiteboard) and projector & screen.
- MK980W: 2010.04.28Wed
- MEQLF3: Day: "the last Tue"
- MK9866: 2010.06.29Tue
- MK8VB7: 2012.11.27Tue1830-2130
- MK8VHB: 2012.12.01~-present: member DestinyArchitect is Co-Organizer (so now 2 group leaders)
- MK8VMH: 2012.12.25Tue1830-2130: no meeting as it would fall on Christmas.
- MEQNR7: The topics desired & offered:
- MIUN5J: should be proposed ASAP, ideally before the meeting (indeed that really helps to advertise it) else can be brought up during the meeting
- MEQNS3: should be posted by members in the event comments below
- MKA77Q: ideally each topic in exactly 1 thread (a top-level event comment)
- MKA7CG: and discussed-else-recorded there: the event comments should record else summarize ideally all in-person talk.
- MK8VOY: 2013.01.29Tue1830-2130: "Good discussions..and good interaction..and exchange valuable information.." says Shawn.
- MKA7I7: Use exactly 1 event comment thread to discuss & record:
(1) each topic (per above MEQNS3) and
(2) each person's attendance.
- MKA7N5: Instructions at Meetup events comments: all you need to know.
- MK97XF: Food&drinks available to those who RSVP YES via cost-recovery.
- M0TBVL: typically Quality 3-topping Round-Table Pizza, "the nutrition of hackers world wide", plus soda!
- MIANK7: 2013.02.26Tue1830-2130, http://meetu.ps/q88FH :
Google App Engine including with AngularJS,
presentation by member Steve Shaffer
- MITDZE: the featured presentation, w/slides&code walk thrus,
*GAE is based on HADOOP(to do its BigTable storage,I think more),+why I got into Python (&I'm now even become the OCPython Co-organizer), as GAE is the hottest scalable web platform I know of available today, seemingly-uniquely allows the code one writes to support just one or a handful of users to immediately & automatically scale up millions or more simultaneous users! See more in the featured topic's discussion thread.
*This should also be a great demo of AngularJS, Python, & OCPython.
- MKA8A9: 1st really tested & demonstrated 2 new series features (commenting MKA7I7 and food MK97XF).
- MK9D75: members John Sheehan & Reyan Hewitt are event venue hosts, approximated here via the title Event Host, especially to auto-RSVP them as YES since they also most-always attend.
- MKA4JN: Agenda & General Activities: the same as successfully-used by OCAndroid since 2012.02.14 (as of 2013.03: http://meetu.ps/z6GqY point M0TIDD)
- MKA544: but currently sped up to fit into 3 hours instead of 4
- MKAA5N: but I'm shooting for future meetings going to 4hr (as 6:00pm-10:00pm) to do this agenda comfortably & fully.
- MKAAQ6: discussion
- MK8U24: 2013.03.25Tue1830-2130 http://meetu.ps/yCl26
-RSVP now!, topics include:
- MK95H4: Member Carl Byington presents on Python Decorators & maybe some GAE(Google App Engine).
- MK95L6: Member Sean Berry discusses Async via Python
- MKA9RP: PyCon 2013 last week -so what was hot¬?
- MKALUT: pizza & soda for all who RSVP YES
- MKALWI: final email announcement
- MK8UAX: 2013.04.30Tue1830-2130~ http://meetu.ps/yLmwT -RSVP now!
- MHQ8ST: Want more folks attending, plus great events totally suiting you? Then MAKE IT HAPPEN! -click here! including:
- MIUMNL: Especially if a long drive for you, post a comment ASAP saying you're open to carpooling and we'll try to find you one.
- MGDVWD: Bring your devices for accessing Meetup and working on programming: your smartphone & especially laptop.
- MIUMRZ: During the event, or sooner, RSVP to our upcoming events whereever you can say MAYBE or YES.
- LG4OWH: What are these codes as “LG4OWH:” on this point? They’re short IDs to date-stamp, uniquely-reference, & portably-track most any point or item.
- MITDX1: Listing History, in order
- MIFGYY: all entries & changes by I Destiny unless noted here.
- MK8UMP: shortly after group creation, this listing was created, presumably by founder Dan, at the present venue plus a description of just just "Python discussion, presentation topic T.B.A.", continuing this way thru 2012.11.27.
- MIMZOZ: replaced "date" with "time" and added " and attend" but Meetup not allow me to save to SCALE11x as start-time past; pst2013.02.22Fri1135.
- MGJQHH: put 6-digit codes into their latest formatting per Bobby's feedback cmt.
- MITDYX:Removed "This event has not yet been email-announced."; added MITDZE; more to do; 2013.02.25Mon2240.
- MITFC3: based on seeing sides, renamed title from "Google App Engine with AngularJS" to "Google App Engine including with AngularJS"; pst2013.02.25Mon2258.
- MK8RPG: next meeting is tomorrow so until then do ~16hrs of work this listing (next ~16 entries; indention of them removed to save vertical space).
- MK8RU3: Due to a Meetup bug, this listing didn't get copied from prior one do do the copy manually of what not copied: all description text & all 8 Qs.
- MK8S30: "Email Event Hosts when members RSVP " was turned off, I don't know why; turn it on.
- MK8S66: "Attendee limit: none. Waiting List: off."; set it to match the venue being conservative to up demand: "Attendee limit: 21. Waiting List: auto".
- MK8SCQ: Set the price to $0.01 to more clearly reflect that's free & also prepare for upcoming nominal fee explained in "refund note" MK8SI7.
- MK8T6M: updated to the formatting of our SCaLE12x listing
- MK8UZR: imported MFOITP from OCAndroid upcoming;
- MK8VYJ: added prior history back to MK8VB7 (meeting just before I took lead); updated the title from "OCPUG Python meetup 2013.01(SUGGEST TOPICS -comment here!)+" to present; updated "How to find us" from "Anyone you find in the room at this time, is there for the meetup" to present; pst2013.03.25Mon1705; announced this in reply to Bobby.
- MK954W: updated title fr(OC-Python Main Meetup 2013.03(SUGGEST TOPICS -comment here!)+) to present so adding the 2 proposals MK95H4 & MK95L6; moved MHQ8ST from point 1 to after MFOITP; pst2013.03.25Mon2235.
- MK97QY: filled in MFOITP with the history relevant today; pst2013.03.25Mon2225.
- MK9DBZ: added MK9D75 & "event host instructions" MK9D1B; pic count from 0 to 2; pst2013.03.26Tue0222.
- MKA563: added "MKA4JN: Agenda.." referencing OCAndroid's; set the historic notables to larger (18pt) font; copied from upcoming OCAndroid "M0TBVL"; removed "MFM4YP: I Destiny say: this listing is under construction, including I'm planning to make it conform to event listing template MEEvtL." as that's essentially done now, though I have more improvements planned; MEQNR7: moved into chrono order & expanded; added MKA7I7 and referencing MKA8A9; pst2013.03.26Tue1227.
- MKA9Y6: added topic "MKA9RP: Pycon" ; extend "MKA4JN: Agenda"; pst2013.03.26Tue1314; add MKALUT & MKALWI; change title fr q(OC-Python Main Meetup 2013.03(Decorators, GAE, Async, &suggest more via cmts!)+ to present;
- MKAMGS: due to the maybe serious concern raised and that this upcoming listing description will shortly be frozen and on it the venue name was mentioned, in MEQLGO, replace q(password "..ng") present version just telling where to get the password; pst2013.03.26Tue1739.