OC-Python Main Meetup 2013.04(GAE proj, training, SALT,hacking, &more via cmts!)
Apr 29, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
MEEvtL MITE5M: RSVP & comment now.
- MEQNTI: Python-related discussion & presentations & hacking
- MFOITP: Recent+Upcoming Occurrences plus Changes in Effect Today, in order of start time:
- MK96K2:[masked]- member Dan Stromberg founds group
- MK979B: Repeat: every 1 month
- MK96FL: Time: 18:30-21:30~ (3 hours)
- MK984Z: [masked]Thu: 1st occurrence
- MEQLGO: Location: ..by the OC Airport 405 & 55Fwy in Irvine, CA 92614 ..
- MK980W: [masked]Wed
- MEQLF3: Day: "the last Tue"
- MK9866: [masked]Tue
- MK8VB7: [masked]Tue[masked]
- MK8VHB: [masked]~-present: member DestinyArchitect is Co-Organizer (so now 2 group leaders)
- MK8VMH:[masked]Tue[masked]: no meeting as it would fall on Christmas.
- MEQNR7: The topics desired & offered:
- MIUN5J: should be proposed ASAP, ideally before the meeting (indeed that really helps to advertise it) else can be brought up during the meeting
- MEQNS3: should be posted by members in the event comments below
- MKA77Q: ideally each topic in exactly 1 thread (a top-level event comment)
- MKA7CG: and discussed-else-recorded there: the event comments should record else summarize ideally all in-person talk.
- MK8VOY: [masked]Tue[masked]: "Good discussions..and good interaction..and exchange valuable information.." says Shawn.
- MKA7I7: Use exactly 1 event comment thread to discuss & record:
(1) each topic (per above MEQNS3) and
(2) each person's attendance.
- MKA7N5: Instructions at Meetup events comments: all you need to know.
- MK97XF: Food&drinks available to those who RSVP YES via cost-recovery.
- M0TBVL: typically Quality 3-topping Round-Table Pizza, "the nutrition of hackers world wide", plus soda!
- MIANK7: [masked]Tue[masked], http://meetu.ps/q88FH :
Google App Engine including with AngularJS,
presentation by member Steve Shaffer
- MITDZE: the featured presentation, w/slides&code walk thrus,
*GAE is based on HADOOP(to do its BigTable storage,I think more),+why I got into Python (&I'm now even become the OCPython Co-organizer), as GAE is the hottest scalable web platform I know of available today, seemingly-uniquely allows the code one writes to support just one or a handful of users to immediately & automatically scale up millions or more simultaneous users! See more in the featured topic's discussion thread.
*This should also be a great demo of AngularJS, Python, & OCPython.
- MKA8A9: 1st really tested & demonstrated 2 new series features (commenting MKA7I7 and food MK97XF).
- MK9D75: members John Sheehan & Reyan Hewitt are event venue hosts, approximated here via the title Event Host, especially to auto-RSVP them as YES since they also most-always attend.
- MKA4JN: Agenda & General Activities: the same as successfully-used by OCAndroid since[masked] (as of[masked]: http://meetu.ps/z6GqY point M0TIDD)
- MKA544: but currently sped up to fit into 3 hours instead of 4
- MKAA5N: but I'm shooting for future meetings going to 4hr (as 6:00pm-10:00pm) to do this agenda comfortably & fully.
- MKAAQ6: discussion
- MK8U24: [masked]Tue[masked] http://meetu.ps/yCl26
-RSVP now!, topics include:
- MK95H4: Member Carl Byington presents on Python Decorators & maybe some GAE(Google App Engine).
- MK95L6: Member Sean Berry discusses Async via Python
- MKA9RP: PyCon 2013 last week -so what was hot¬?
- MKALUT: pizza & soda for all who RSVP YES
- MKALWI: final email announcement
- MKRFTO: Searching for new location - read & help!
- MKRG01: until finalized, the venue listed above is tentative.
- MKRGDL: Repeating: "last Mon" -tentative
- MKRGRD: Time:[masked] (4 hours)
- MK8UAX: [masked]Mon[masked]~ http://meetu.ps/yLmwT -RSVP now!
- MKDROU: GAE workshop by member Steve
- MKDRRJ: all-level at-your-own-pace programmer training
- MKDRW9: Salt by those who wish to talk & share on it
- MKDRZG: [masked]Mon[masked]~ http://meetu.ps/MSlSn -RSVP now!
- MKDSA8: [masked]Mon[masked]~ http://meetu.ps/MSlTx -RSVP now!
- MKRO9L: [masked]Mon[masked]~ http://meetu.ps/ycmSg -RSVP now!
- MHQ8ST: Want more folks attending, plus great events totally suiting you? Then MAKE IT HAPPEN! -click here! including:
- MIUMNL: Especially if a long drive for you, post a comment ASAP saying you're open to carpooling and we'll try to find you one.
- MGDVWD: Bring your devices for accessing Meetup and working on programming: your smartphone & especially laptop.
- MIUMRZ: During the event, or sooner, RSVP to our upcoming events whereever you can say MAYBE or YES.
- LG4OWH: What are these codes as “LG4OWH:” on this point? They’re short IDs to date-stamp, uniquely-reference, & portably-track most any point or item.
- MITDX1: Listing History, in order
- MIFGYY: all entries & changes by I Destiny unless noted here.
- MKDRIG: ... for prior history, see the prior listing.
- MKCFHG: in prep for post on matt's profile mentioning "offering training&hacking", updated title fr(OC-Python Main Meetup[masked](topics: suggest via cmts here!)+) to present; private RSVP Qs cnt 0 to 8 (replaced); pst[masked]Wed1658.
- MKDSD4: updated occurrences from MK8U24; changed title fr(OC-Python Main Meetup[masked](GAE, training&hacking, &more via cmts!)+) to present; [masked]Thu1028.
- MKRFVX: change venue; struck out MK96FL & MEQLGO & MEQLF3; added MKRFTO; replaced venue MKR80T with MKREJO; replaced "How to find us" from q(Everyone you find in the room at this time is there for this.) to present MKRHEP; for upcoming happenings (MK8UAX and subsequent) changed date from [masked]Tue[masked]~ to present; pst[masked]Thu1954.
- MKRLJR: Respectfully remove Ryan Hewitt as an "event host" (really just auto-RSVPed YES) for this series as he was a no-show last time (after saying just before he would always be here) moreover he was only "always" attending as he worked at that venue but we're now leaving it; added "Instructions for the Event Hosts" MKRLRN; pst[masked]Thu2216.
- MKRO49:unfortunately in that last operation, possibly because it moved the schedule 1 day sooner, Meetup.com bug caused it to loose the connection with the future events and doesn't any longer auto-repeat (though it says it does) and MKRO9L is the last event; this means the sync for those future events will have be done manually. Wait, I see the bug caused it to Set to "Stop repeating: 5/26/13"; changed it to "never"; pst[masked]Thu2226.
- MM1I8V: corrected date typo in MK8U24; since Meetup cutting private Qs from 8 to 6, cut the last 2; pst[masked]Mon1623.
- MM1LQZ: small updates to MK8UAX, including retitled from q(OC-Python Main Meetup[masked](GAE, SALT, training&hacking, &more via cmts!)+); pst[masked]Mon1742