Welcome TRTLoOC members! Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with our updated group policies:
1) Membership Requirements
2) Member Behavior
3) No-Shows/Late Dropouts
5) Alcohol Policy
1) Membership Requirements:
• The Real Time Lords of Orange County is a 21+ ONLY group. For the comfort and preference of most of our members, we will not allow anyone under the age of 21 to attend our events.
• If we do decide to have events where children are welcome, we will state it in the event details.
• Beginning August 15, 2015, TRTLoOC will charge a $10/year non-refundable membership fee. Payment of dues provides membership privileges for one year (August to August). Dues must be paid on time in order for members to stay active and be eligible to attend group events.
• Dues will be used to pay for Meetup fees, special events (i.e., Gallifrey One, group picnics), fees associated with special event venues such as restaurants, and other approved costs. The dues will NOT cover food, alcohol, or other costs associated with regular events (i.e., pizzas at group screenings, food at game nights).
2) Member Behavior:
The main purpose of our group is to allow members to come together in a fun social atmosphere to share and indulge our mutual love for Doctor Who. Rude and offensive behavior by members can easily create a poisonous atmosphere and drive people away from the group. We expect our members to act like adults at group events and to treat each other with respect.
Therefore, ANY behavior by a member that, in the opinion of the organizers, creates an unsafe or negative atmosphere for the group will NOT be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Sexual, verbal or physical harassment
• Malicious gossip or slanderous comments about the group or other members at our events or on our Meetup or Facebook pages
• Intentional disruption of an event
• Indulging in personal drama where it impacts the ability of other members to enjoy an event
• Using an event as a venue to work through personal issues, at the expense of others’ enjoyment.
After the first violation, that member will receive a warning. The second violation will result in permanent removal from the group.
We ask that members help us maintain this standard by following some common-sense rules:
• Keep conversations and behavior civil. No offensive, rude and incendiary language or behavior.
• Any interaction with another member, physical or verbal, that makes you feel uncomfortable must be reported to group organizers immediately.
• Avoid any behavior that makes other members feel uncomfortable. Respect personal boundaries. If someone tells you to stop, you need to stop.
• We are an equal-opportunity group. Racism, homophobia and any other legitimate discrimination have no place in our group.
• Do not engage in behavior that reflects poorly on us as a group.
• Do not engage in any action that may jeopardize our use of public event locations, such as bars, restaurants, etc.
• Members are encouraged to let an organizer know ASAP if any of this behavior is taking place at an event. HOWEVER, we cannot be held responsible for behavior that takes place outside of an official event or outside of our monitored Meetup and Facebook pages. We expect all members to handle themselves maturely and appropriately, but we cannot “police” behavior that isn’t on our watch.
3) No-Shows/Late Dropouts:
A no-show means you have signed up for an event and do not attend. Additionally, if you sign up for an event but change your RSVP to a “No” less than 24 hours before the event, we count this as a no-show. No-shows make it difficult to plan for events, can cost organizers out-of-pocket expenses, and are especially inconsiderate if there is a waitlist for an event. As an effort to curb no-shows and last-minute dropouts, the following rules are in place:
• 1st No-Show: You will immediately be restricted from attending any TRTLoOC events for 30 calendar days - No warning.
• 2rd No-Show: You will be restricted from attending events for 60 calendar days.
• 3rd No-Show: You will be removed from the group.
We will accept the following excuses as reasons for missing an event:
- Hospital visit
- Car accident
- Death in the family
Again: If you are in doubt about whether or not you can attend an event, make sure to update your reservation at least 24 hours before the start of the event. You can keep track of your attendance stats by scrolling to the bottom of your profile page.
• We do not allow +1s or non-members to attend our events (with the exception stated below). All attendees to our events must be current paid-up members. If your intended +1 is not a member, they must join our group so that they can RSVP separately in order to attend events.
• Please note that some events that are in public locations, like movie theaters or art exhibits, will not have this restriction. We will make sure to clarify this on the event description.
5) Alcohol Policy:
• Alcohol may be served at our events. For the safety of our members, we will have a “last call” and stop serving alcohol two hours before the end of the event. If we feel that you are unable to safely drive yourself home after the event, we may confiscate your keys and/or help you arrange for other transportation.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Group Rules||July 14, 2015 12:22 PM||anonymous|
|About The Real Time Lords of Orange County||August 4, 2013 7:28 PM||anonymous|