November 3, 2012 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Location will be held at a private home in Garden Grove.
Samhain is the Wiccan New Year. We will be welcoming and honoring our ancestors as they return to spend time with us while the veil is thin. We will be doing a meditation to connect with them and a divination for each attendee regarding the coming year.
Afterward we will have a feast to celebrate with our loved ones and community.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Attendees are requested to bring a photo of a loved one who's passed to place on the ancestor altar. Please bring your image in a small (4x6" or 5x7") easel back frame. Place your name on the back of the frame in case you accidentally forget it for easy identification.
- Your own chalice. If you don't have one we will have plastic cups you may use.
- Potluck items: please bring any of the following examples (or even those not given in the examples) to help add to the feast:
Fresh fruit, veggies, salad (green, pasta, potato, etc), dessert (cake, pie, etc), side dish (scalloped potatoes, mac n cheese, steamed veggies, etc), main dish (chicken, roast, casserole, etc), appetizers (think finger foods). Bring food already prepared and read to serve along with any needed serving utensils.
Please add your name and potluck item to the list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asr9IbPG4kH0dFgtNlNuNmV6ZVdBUXFoUlB1blpYcVE
- A chair in which to sit on during feast, or if needed during ritual.
- $5 to help cover the cost of the event.
- Please dress in seasonal colors if possible and dress warm. We will be outside.
Regarding children: This event is a more somber celebration. We will be doing a meditation and that can be difficult for some children to sit quietly through. I ask that only well behaved children who are unlikely to be disruptive of the event and to others attending be allowed.
*Please make sure you include the count of any guests you plan to bring.
We will begin gathering at 6:30pm and ritual will start at 7:15pm. Please be on time to start. Otherwise you will have to wait to enter until after we have ended and begin feast.