Polyamory: fromGreek poly ‘many’ + Latin amor ‘love’ = "many loves"
Polyamory is an honest, responsible lifestyle (or lovestyle) choice by all parties involved which involves open communication and integrity. OC_CApolyamory was created with the purpose to support this unique and rewarding community through educational opportunities and social events. Although we organize family-friendly events, you must be 18 or older to be a member of this meetup.
We welcome responsible, honest poly or poly-friendly individuals, couples, triads (or more!) residing in the OC/LA/IE region to our group to meet like-minded people, make friendly connections and become more educated about ethical non-monogamous relationships. We are NOT a dating, sex or hook-up group.
All applicants must attend an event to become a member. The purpose of hosting Meetup events is to actually MEET. While we all have busy schedules, the expectation is for members to attend at least one event per quarter. This allows members to nurture meaningful connections with each other. We organize at least one social and/or educational meetup per month with additional family-friendly quarterly events. Prospective members will be contacted by an event organizer regarding upcoming events.
What We Offer:
• A safe, sex-positive resource for men and women of all genders, races and sexual orientations to meet and relate to like-minded individuals.
• Social gatherings for adults and their poly-friendly guests, including happy hours, potlucks and outdoor activities.
• Family-friendly events which are open to children of all ages. Past events have included a trampoline park party, bowling, miniature golf and beach trips.
• Educational lectures and podcasts presented by poly-aware professionals, with topics such as Poly 101, Jealousy and Raising Children in a Poly Environment.
What We Do NOT Offer:
• A shelter for those who are unethically non-monogamous. If you are a cheating spouse or partner looking for support in your duplicity through polyamory, this is not the group for you. Polyamory is a responsible, honest lifestyle choice by all parties involved – it is not a quick fix for relationship problems.
• Orgies, swing/cuddle parties, or matchmaking events. While we respect varying interests of members, we are not a dating, sex or hook-up group.
What We Require of Our Prospective Members:
• All applicants must complete ALL the profile questions or membership will be denied. Irrelevant (such as "N/A" or “I don’t know”) or one-word answers will result in a rejection of your application. You don't have to write a novel, but we would appreciate some thought into your request to join. Also, if you are being referred to this group from a current member or one of our poly-friendly professionals, include this information.
• Photos of pets are cute and flowers are pretty, but please include a G-rated photo of YOU with your application. This is for preliminary identification purposes only. Applicants with nude torso shots or otherwise sexually graphic photos will be banned from the group and possibly meetup.com as the site is a public forum which can be accessed by people of all ages.
What We Require of ALL members:
• Please RSVP, even if your RSVP is “No.” This allows the organizers to see who is active. Members who are inactive for extended periods of time (3+ months) or do not show to events to which they RSVP’d as “Yes” are subject to removal from the group. Remember -- the concept of hosting Meetup events is to actually meet up!
• RESPECT for others and yourself. As you enter and/or evolve within the polyamorous lifestyle, you will discover there is no "perfect" poly relationship. As such, this group exists for its members to learn from each other and share their experiences, while respecting the choices of others.
We look forward to your membership, and thank you for your interest!