December 26, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Enjoy Good Food, Friends and Holiday cheer!
We're winding down from the frenzy of the holiday shopping season with a pause to enjoy the fruits of our labor as we get finished up. Come join us for some much-needed fun and a great meal with our eSeller group, friends and family!
The Food: Pay at the front as you enter (and please bring a tip for the server). We invite you to bring your family and friends! We are in the back right Party Room.
The Fun: Bring along a fun gift item to enter our version of a "Dirty Santa Gift Exchange." Your gift item should be nicely wrapped for the shake & rattle inspection and eye appeal, with a value of about $20-25 (Make it something with broad appeal - desirable so that others will want to steal them!). Anyone can join - and everyone should! Everyone brings a gift, everyone leaves with a gift - but who'll leave with what? It's whacky, it's crazy nuts - it's great fun!
The Rules: The more the merrier, so invite your friends and family to come along and join in the merriment! Here's the game play for 2012:
- No *cough* "Adult" items, please.
- Try to avoid "duds" by picking out something that will make the other players want to steal your gift, of $20-25 value, wrapped nicely. The person bringing the gift that gets "retired" first wins a bonus prize courtesy of the host!
- Players will draw numbers to determine order of play, from lowest to highest. Players can trade numbers until called upon.
- Couples may join forces to act as one player, entering the game with one gift, and winning one gift.
- All unopened gifts are stacked together on "the Sleigh." Gifts taken from the sleigh must be unwrapped (but the contents left unopened) and remain in plain sight until the end of the game.
- The first player (#1) may inspect and choose any gift from the Sleigh.
- Each successive player may choose any gift from the Sleigh OR take a gift from a previous player.
- If a player's gift is taken, the player must either take someone else's gift OR return to the Sleigh for a new gift; a taken gift can not be taken back from the same players (a "bounce") during that round. This will continue until all players in the round have gifts. The next number is called upon to start a new round of play.
- Each time a player controls a specific gift, it counts as one "Possession." If a player can Possess a specific gift three times, that gift (and its owner) is "retired" from the game. Retired gifts can not be taken or returned to play. Additionally, the person that brought the first retired gift is awarded a bonus prize upon completion of the game.
- A player may receive a "Grinch" during play. This player loses his turn and goes to the end of the player list. If the player had a gift, the Grinch returns it to the Sleigh.
- Players can make side deals to try to influence play.
- The final player will choose the Sleigh or the steal, with the last choice from the Sleigh ending the game. Players can then trade items between themselves as they wish.
- Additional prizes may be provided by the hosts to add interest to the game. If so, any prizes remaining unopened in the sleigh will remain with the Host following completion of the game and will be used to the Group's benefit.
If you have questions, feel free to call [masked].
Please RSVP early to help us with the space we need! Sign up now!