ONA NC Triangle Message Board › Thanks - and a poll

Thanks - and a poll

Laura F.
user 49166852
Raleigh, NC
Greetings, everyone -

Thanks to all who were able to attend last night's meetup! I am overwhelmingly pleased with the turnout, and happy that our group has gotten off to such a great start. Special thanks go out to John Clark, for his presentation on the fascinating projects going on at UNC Chapel Hill's Reese News Lab, and to the News and Observer for hosting our inaugural event.

ONA and Meetup recommend that we begin planning our next gathering right away, so I'm ready to take your suggestions. I have posted a poll on our Meetup site where you can vote on the best week in late November/early December to schedule our next event, which will be an evening of socializing and networking. After the results are in, we'll take input about the exact date and time, venue and any other suggestions you have.

Also on the Meetup site, I have established a message board for those of us who are on the job market. Please post your information there if you are looking for work. Hiring managers, feel free to use this as a place to spread the word about any openings.

Finally, I'd like to say bon voyage to Suzanne Levinson, Jodi Leese Glusco, and any other members who are attending ONA's 2012 conference, starting Sept. 20 in San Francisco! Have a great time and come back with lots of ideas!

Stay in touch -

Laura