ONA NYC Message Board › Columbia Journalism Continuing Education Fall 2011 Short
Hi ONA NYC,
Just wanted to share some information from Ernest Sotomayer, Asst. Dean, Career Services & Continuing Education:
The Continuing Education Department at Columbia Journalism School has launched an expanded Fall 2011 schedule professional development courses in reporting and writing and in digital journalism to non-degree students. Journalists from a wide range of experience levels can hone their skills in these courses taught by world-class award-winning experts from our Journalism School faculty. Courses will help students build their multimedia skills for superb digital storytelling, using fast-changing social media platforms as reporting tools and to engage readers, develop local reporting skills in any beat at any medium and more. View course descriptions, faculty bios and register at Columbia Journalism Continuing Education.
Digital Media Programs
· Intro to Final Cut Pro X, Aug. 13, 2011.
· Better Social Media for Journalists, Oct. 6, 20, Nov. 3, 17.
· An Intro to Digital Media Storytelling, 5-Day Bootcamp, Oct. 17-21
· Advanced Social Media One-Night Stand, Dec. 1.
· Social Media Weekend: 3-Days Beyond the Connections & Check-Ins, January 2012
Local Accountability Reporting Workshops
Each is a four-Saturday course, beginning in October.
· Beyond the A, B, C’s of Covering Local Schools and Education: Covering Local Schools and Education, Oct. 1
· Covering Local Health, Hospitals and Welfare, Oct. 15
· Investigative Journalism Skills for Local Beat Reporters, Oct. 22
· Taking Care of Business on the Local Beat, Oct. 22.
For questions or more information, please contact: Ernest R. Sotomayor, Assistant Dean, Career Services & Continuing Education, Columbia Journalism School, 212-854-4922 / email@example.com, or Keith Olsen, Program Administrator, 212-854-3781 / firstname.lastname@example.org