BANNED from the Microsoft Office in Tampa, come and see Kevin Wolf’s NiVek Quadcopter. Over the past 1 ½ years, Kevin has been building a quadcopter from scratch to be controlled by a Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 application. What’s really unique about this particular effort is that not only the flight control software running on Windows 8.1 is programmable in .NET, but the actual quadcopter itself can be customized in C# via the .NET Microframeworks.
In this session we will be covering topics such as:
1) What is a quadcopter and how does it fly.
2) Overview and history of the Electronics
3) Windows 8 Flight Controls
4) .NET Microframeworks running on the custom hardware
5) Stabilization Algorithm Tuning – PID Controller
This is an outdoor model, so we won’t be able to fly it in the room. However I will have my tuning rig to display how the PID Controller works for stabilizing flight.
Kevin Wolf is a Windows Phone Development MVP out of Palm Harbor, FL. Cross Platform Mobile Developer, Specializing in Windows Phone and Windows 8 Development. Electronics Hacker.