NYC Cyber Security Computer Meet-Up is dedicated to making security visible by empowering individuals and organizations to make informed decisions about true security risks. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit worldwide charitable organization, we do not endorse or recommend commercial products or services. Instead, we allow our community to remain vendor neutral with the collective wisdom of the best individual minds in security worldwide. This simple rule is the key to our success since 2001
* Secure Software Concepts - Know what constitutes secure software and what design aspects to take into consideration to architect hack-resilient software.
* Secure Software Requirements - Capturing all of the security requirements from various stakeholders and understanding the sources and processes needed to ensure a more effective design.
* Secure Software Implementation/Coding - Secure coding practices,vulnerabilities to look for, and how to review the code to ensure that there are no errors in the code or security controls.
* Secure Software Testing - Integrated software testing for security functionality, reliability, resiliency to attack, and recoverability.
* Software Acceptance - Security implications in the software acceptance phase including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, Common Criteria and methods of independent testing.
* Software Deployment, Operations, Maintenance and Disposal – Security issues around steady state operations and management of software. Security measures that must be taken when a product reaches its end of life.
* Supply Chain and Software Acquisition – A holistic outline of the knowledge and tasks required in managing risk for outsourced development, acquisition, and procurement of software and related services.
This website is for the local community raising visibility for events.