This is an AMAZING little Cafe in the center of Kensington. Very large and spacious with a large variety of unique and organic coffees and teas and food. Very relaxed laid back atmosphere, homey, and my personal favorite! This cafe is very popular among the young adults - and is almost always occupied. Ideal for new members, and as a weekly member hangout.
--> DROP IN ANYTIME. FREE PARKING AFTER 6:00 PM
Benefits -> Spacious enough for large meetups. Great opportunity to meet all the new members and meet regularly on a weekly basis.
NEW MEMBER MEETUP/INTRODUCTIONS & WEEKLY MEMBER HANGOUT
Category --> Newbie Meetup, Weekly member hangout
Social Difficulty --> 4/10 (EASY)
If you are a new member of the group, this is an ideal first meetup location as we will be meeting here every Thursday at 5:30 pm, giving you a chance to meet the regulars, and other newbies, and become comfortable for future and more regular signups!
1. If you cannot attend it is important you change your status to 'Not Going' out of respect for the group and the organizer. You may also message or email me, or send me a text if it is last minute. Constant and repeated missed attendances will get you removed from the group.
2. If you are too nervous to attend alone, or if you have a friend who would like to attend, you are welcome to bring up to one guest. However, generally this is discouraged as the purpose of the meetups is to gain confidence in your own abilities to "Get Out of your Shell" and we are a supportive, non-judgemental, group of individuals with personal experiences and are able to support you through this process, and always having a crutch with you may prevent this process from happening.
- Remember: It is NEVER necessary to talk or be involved in the conversations. It is perfectly OK to just attend the meetups and be an active listener until you are more comfortable speaking up. There is no pressure to say or do anything - there is no "right" way to behave. It is encouraged however to slowly but surely challenge your habits and behaviors towards a more social and outgoing persona in the group over time in order to get out of your of shell.
3. It is encouraged to attend meetups regularly to get the most benefit out of the group. A lot of our members have personal goals of developing more friendships, reducing their social anxiety and isolation, and working towards coming out of their shells. The ONLY way to achieve this is through regular, repeated attendance to develop a habit that will in time allow you to make new friends, feel more confident in your ability to interact, and reduce your shyness and timidness in social situations. Our meetups are setup in a way that you can challenge yourself in a hierarichal fashion and thus come "Out of your Shell"!
4. For those with moderate to severe social anxiety, it is discouraged for them to attend the meetups without a medical professional monitoring your treatment, as exposure to social situations without the proper resources and therapeutic techniques on hand at best can do nothing for you, and at worst can worsen the condition .
5. And lastly, and most importantly - loosen up, and have fun!
- We are here to hangout with a cool new group of people without any judgement, so allow yourself to relax and show your true and whole self without worrying about looking stupid, dumb, or being judged. Allow yourself to come 'Out of our Shell!'
* Kris Kuncic *
Out of your Shell,
Founder and Organizer