Activity on Sep 23, 2012
We are a diverse group interested in the study of Chinese characters in the context of the Korean language with the goal of:
- improving our knowledge of Korean by expanding our character-based vocabulary
- forming a basis for East Asian cultural literacy by exploring our shared heritage
Our members include:
- Korean language learners who desire a more structured way to learn vocabulary
- speakers of Korean as a heritage language who want to improve their comprehension skills
- speakers of other East Asian languages wanting to explore Korean using their previous knowledge of Chinese characters
The group operates in English.
For more information, contact: OaklandHanja@gmail.com
불광사 has generously donated books.
5250 FULTON ST SF, CA 94121
The KCCEB is generously lending us their conference space in Oakland.
926 Mindful Hikers
Wednesday, Dec 18
1,068 I Heart Korea(ns)
3,315 Language Lovers
Friday, Dec 13
9,551 awesome people.
Thursday, Dec 19
Not registered with us yet?
Forgot your password?
Meetup members, Log in