Help support your MeetupChip in
Come join us and make new Oakland friends with our all-inclusive LGBTQA group for recreational and competitive volleyball.
The group's purpose is for people of all backgrounds, races, and skill levels to come together as a like-minded group and participate in a fun activity and feel safe and secure without fear of hate, persecution and ridicule within the Oakland area.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE PARK:
• Check in: When you show up, say hi to an organizer and tell them you are here! Players who RSVP will be given priority to play.
• Recreational Court #1: Everyone is welcome! This court is designed for recreational volleyball with people of all skill levels. 6v6
• Hi Energy Court #2: You must play at least above the intermediate level and be able to keep up with a game of 4's. If you are new or the organizer hasn’t really seen you play, you may be asked to demonstrate your skills during the warm-up (so come early). 4v4
HELP, CONTRIBUTE AND GO WITH THE FLOW
Our “mission” is to include everyone who wants to play at a wonderful public space. At the same time, we want to provide space for both those who want to play more recreationally and those who want to play at a higher level skill. More people joining us means that we need more organization, more time and money.
• Go with the flow: We are here to have fun. Though we try to make sure people get to play at their level of skill, it may just not be possible all the time. So, join in, play, make friends and laugh. Be respectful and be happy.
• Contribute A few of us have shelled out hundreds to buy the nets, balls, tents, and subscription to Meetup. 1$ contribution is always appreciated towards the expenses!
• Help: In addition to money, a few of us always bring the equipment and the tents, show up early to set up and stay to the end to pack up and clean up. So, your HELP is greatly appreciated. Bring food and drinks to share. Show up early to set up or stay to the end to help pack up. Please pick up your own trash!
NOW, SPIKE AWAY AND COME TO ONE OF OUR GAMES!
Waiver: Member is at least 18 years of age or supervised by an adult. Member understands that volleyball involves physical contact between players, that serious accidents occasionally occur during such sporting activities, and that participants in such sporting activities occasionally sustain serious personal injuries and/or property damage. As a consequence thereof, knowing the risks of participation, member agrees to assume all such risks, both known and unknown. Member acknowledges that we are not responsible for the condition of any playing field and/or equipment and waives all claims against for any injury, damage, or loss that may arise therefrom.
6,783 Happy People
2,747 Sexy Singles
1,321 Gay Intellectuals
2,619 social gatherers