Update: The NYS Chapter President, Bill Cooper, will be at this meeting to give us an update on the statewide OathKeepers groups and our plans for the future.
We will be also talking about:
1. Update on recent federal court decision in NYSRPA vs Cuomo
2. Our response plan to local NY SAFE ACT incidences
3. Our response to Pro-Gun Control presentations in Columbia and Greene Counties.
4. How many people will register their guns and how many will not?
5. What will happen if they don't register?
6. Will the police try to confiscate guns that are not registered?
7. Physical resistence must always be the last resort and only used when ALL other options have been exhausted. We are still a long way from this point.
We need top identify guest speakers and/or topics for educational presentations throughout the year. The current Sheriff in Columbia Co, the District Attorney, Senator Marchione and Congressman Chris Gibson have indicated that they are interested in speaking at one of our meetings.
We need to develop good relationships with members of local police agencies, including the Sheriffs and State Police.
As always, Please come early and order some food and drinks as the owners of the White Stone Cafe are letting us use the dining room for free. It is also a good time to informally meet your fellow Oathkeepers, enjoy a few laughs and enchange ideas before the regular meeting starts.