North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Cool Scott!!!!!RUSH RULES!!!!!!!

Cool Scott!!!!!RUSH RULES!!!!!!!

A former member
Post #: 32
I also know a few of my friends in North Carolina that found Ayn the same way. Neil Pert is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rush rules!!!!! That 2112 all of it was as cool as could be. It's nice to meet a Rush & Rand fan!!!!!!!!!

Jamiebiggrin
A former member
Post #: 3
There are a lot of us Rush and Rand fans out here. smile
A former member
Post #: 3
It sure is nice to meet a Rush and Rand fan, but apparently this is the place to do so. I don't usually run into them in the everyday world.

2112 is an excellent album. But I think The Trees is their best song. Red Barchetta is fun, too.

I wish more people would discover Rand through listening to Rush.

Bronwen smile
A former member
Post #: 19
You're refering to Rush the band? Wow, I never knew...
A former member
Post #: 52
I agree Trees is a kickA** song. It was so well played sung & needless to say wrote. What a wonderful way to tell the story.
The story of the ax & saw. They got what they wanted, yet lost what they had. Just as far as a whole CD I like 2112 the best. Working Man is cool also. Closer To the heart is a cool song. They all are almost. Yet any CD is well worth what ever you pay for it. Have you ever saw them live? Man what a show. Lee is playing bass, keyboard & singing sometimes all at 1 time, man what a great show!! A firend meet Lifeston once in a bar he was playing in
philly. He said he was a real cool guy. Neil Pert is the mind behind it all, I also think he has a Phd in music. He is with out a doubt the best drummer in the world.

Jamie
A former member
Post #: 5
Yeah, I think all of the members of Rush have musical degrees. I heard that they all have Masters degrees, but I wouldn't be surprised if Neal had a PhD.

I have definitely seen them live a couple of times. I even went to see them about a week after getting out of the hospital with pneumonia (1994, I believe). I made sure I attended the concert where they played their old music. They came through Dallas twice, I believe, but I caught them the second time. I love the audiences at Rush concerts. Everyone is courteous and calm. We all filed out of the place without any problems. I can't say that about other rock concerts, that's for sure.
A former member
Post #: 54
Bronwen,

When thay come back to town we all should go see them. That would be a fun night out to say the least.biggrin Man you must like Rush alot to go feeling like that. Did you also know the lead singer from Collective Soul is also a Rand man. Ed Rolland is his name. I know I spelled it wrong. He got the name for the band from The Fountainhead. They are cool also, just not as cool as Rush. After the 1st few words of Trees the rest of "The Group" will be hooked, I'm sure.

" There is trouble in the forest, there is trouble with the trees. For the maples want more sunlight & the oaks ignore there pleas...."

Jamie cool
Heather L.
missheatherl
Garland, TX
Post #: 1
I'm a Rush/Rand fan, too. Yeah, I caought Rush in Dallas and I took a big cardboard sign said "Thank You Rush". If I could meet Neil, Geddy, Eric that's what I would say "thanks".