add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Subgroups & separate structured events / Rituals

Subgroups & separate structured events / Rituals

Mesquite, TX
Post #: 4
Regarding the idea of having audio / video presentations in separate rooms during the meetings at the Ranch, I think this a great idea. I have some material that I would be more than happy to supply for this purpose. For example: a VHS copy of Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life; two 50-minute episodes of Ayn Rand on the Phil Donahue show; audios of David Kelley on the Objectivist movement and on the Epistemology of Perception; Peter Schwartz on the virtue of selfishness (VHS); two 1-hr. episodes of McQuistion with Leonard Piekoff (VHS). The Piekoff videos would be very helpful to those who would like a short, concise presentation of the most basic ideas, and how they compare/contrast with currently prevalent moral & political thought. I found all this material engrossing, and great fun.

Regarding the ceremony / ritual thing, I think it would be good to hear this fellow. I also think that great care should be exercised in developing ceremonies / rituals for regular practice. Often such practices serve as political / social tools in the hands of second-hander manipulators. But then, this group is not too susceptible to that, huh? And if we weren't the type to exercise care, we would be in a differrent social club, right?

I sure wish I could join you folks this Saturday.

A former member
Post #: 71

I think it would also be a wonderful idea. It could help some guys like me learn a few things that we do not know. It is nice of you to offer your things to help us all learn.

Nikki A.
Euless, TX
Post #: 6
Chuck, my apologies for not noticing your post sooner. I'd like to talk to you in depth about using some of your resources for the group. Would you contact me off-list either by email or phone?