North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Subgroups & separate structured events / Rituals

Subgroups & separate structured events / Rituals

Chuck
SmithChuck
Mesquite, TX
Post #: 4
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Regarding the idea of having audio / video presentations in separate rooms during the meetings at the Ranch, I think this a great idea. I have some material that I would be more than happy to supply for this purpose. For example: a VHS copy of Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life; two 50-minute episodes of Ayn Rand on the Phil Donahue show; audios of David Kelley on the Objectivist movement and on the Epistemology of Perception; Peter Schwartz on the virtue of selfishness (VHS); two 1-hr. episodes of McQuistion with Leonard Piekoff (VHS). The Piekoff videos would be very helpful to those who would like a short, concise presentation of the most basic ideas, and how they compare/contrast with currently prevalent moral & political thought. I found all this material engrossing, and great fun.

Regarding the ceremony / ritual thing, I think it would be good to hear this fellow. I also think that great care should be exercised in developing ceremonies / rituals for regular practice. Often such practices serve as political / social tools in the hands of second-hander manipulators. But then, this group is not too susceptible to that, huh? And if we weren't the type to exercise care, we would be in a differrent social club, right?
wink

I sure wish I could join you folks this Saturday.

crying
A former member
Post #: 71
Chuck,

I think it would also be a wonderful idea. It could help some guys like me learn a few things that we do not know. It is nice of you to offer your things to help us all learn.

Jamie
Nikki Allen
AtlsShrggd
Euless, TX
Post #: 6
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Chuck, my apologies for not noticing your post sooner. I'd like to talk to you in depth about using some of your resources for the group. Would you contact me off-list either by email or phone?

Thanx!

Nikki