North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Party Platforms, G.O.P., DEM., & LIB.

Party Platforms, G.O.P., DEM., & LIB.

A former member
Post #: 156
To all,

After a talk with Todd. We both thought it may be a good idea for us all to see the Party Platforms. Being a Republican. I just have to put the G.O.P. first. When going to find all 3 of them I found something I did not expect. MAN THEY ARE VERY LONG!!! The 2004 G.O.P. Platform is 92 pages!!!!!!! WOW THTAT IS BIG. Yet here is the link for it. I have not read it all as of yet. I will do my best to try to get to it when I can. Todd & I agreed that we need to read it to make sure we are in the party that is the best for us. I do not feel it would be right nor fair to pick & choose only parts of the platforms & cut copy & past them. So here they all are in all of there long winded glory.

I, Jamie Anderson nor N.T.O.S are responsible for any accidents that may befall you if you go to sleep reading this.

You will experience drowiness, boredom, & over all discomfort while reading the platforms below. If you indeed fall asleep while reading these platforms & fall out of your seat & break you neck. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL INJURIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE FALL.

READ AT YOU OWN RISK

http://www.gop.com/me...­'G.O.P.%20party%20platform'

Ok well now that you have read all 92 pages of that one now try out the 2004 Dems Platform. One good thing about the Dems Platfrom is it is short!!!!!! Only 41 pages!!!!!!!!

http://www.dlc.org/do...­

WOW that was a short one!!!!!!! Only 41 pages. Good thing I caught my 2nd wind!!!!!!!! Ok THANK GOD ( IF HE IS REAL ) THIS IS THE LAST ONE. Are you ready to rumble??????? Ok here is the Lib party platform. Are you ready? Get set. GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lp.org/iss...­

It does not seem as well put together as the other 2 platforms are. Yet it is worth looking at. I do not like the PDF files that the Dems. & the G.O.P. used. It's all in one place. I do like that. Yet you can cut copy or paste it as freely as you can with the Lib Platform. So as far as the style they used, I'll say I like the Lib one better.

Thanks to Sherry we now have The 2004 Lib Party Platform. Thank you Sherry!!!!! I looked for over an hour could not find it. Yet Sherry poped right in & said hear it is!!!!!!!!! It's always nice to have a lady around to help us men find what we can't.

Also thanks to Todd for the good idea. SORRY THEY ARE SO BIG TODD!!!!!! That did catch me off gard. Todd also feel fre to go in & rewright the Legal Disclaimer of you choose. I think it may be needed & you being an lawyer will do far better that I.

I am also adding the home page for the Libs., Dems., & the G.O.P.

Libs. Home Page

http://www.lp.org/...­

Dems. Home Page

http://www.dlc.org/...­

G.O.P. Home Page

http://www.gop.com/...­

Jamie
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 9
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.lp.org/iss...­

biggrin
A former member
Post #: 25
Thank You Sherry!
A former member
Post #: 160
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

How can I cut copy & paste from a PDF file? I can not figure it out.
I want to cut copy & paste a few things from the G.O.P. & Dems. Platforms. That way we can see them side by side. Can any of you guys tell me how to do it?????

IF YOU CAN TELL ME HOW I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.

Jamieconfused
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 10
Jamie...they need to make the link that they have on the left of the homepage a little bigger I think so people can find it easier. At first when I read that you wrote they didn't have one, I thought you were being sarcastic...but then I went to back to the site (I had visited it a few weeks ago) and realized...ahhh, it is a bit hard to find. (where is the embarrassed emoticon when you need it?)

Have you tried hitting "select" on the top of the file in Adobe Reader? You should be able to copy and paste it.
Now, I don't have Adobe Acrobat, but I can create PDF files using free software, so that might be why I can copy it...I won't pretend to understand it.
I just know I can do it haha. My husband found it for me a week or so ago when I was whining about my inability to make pdf files for invoicing.

Go to this link:
http://www.pdf995.com...­ and you can get the software. Actually, they have a whole suite of office software at the main site: http://www.software99...­
I may download more of the programs for my son, since he doesn't have Office and could use some good software for school work.

Hope that helps!

biggrin
A former member
Post #: 164
Sherry,

No I really thought the Libs did not have one. I thought that was very odd to say the least. I did kinda make fun of them, because I thought, wow they could atleast have a platform. I also made fun of the G.O.P. for the 92 pages. Come on 92 pages!!!!!!! Give me a break man, if it takes you a whole 92 pages to lay out where you stand. YOU'VE GOT A BIG PROB!!!!! I thought well maybe the Dems are better. WRONG!!!!! A little better, yet 42 pages of Lawyer speek!!!!!
WOW how boring!!!! That is also why I wrote the Legal Disclaimer, about falling asleep while reading them. I was joking about falling asleep, almost any way!!!!!!!!!Thanks for the advice I will try that!!!!!!

Jamiebiggrin
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 12
Yeah, that is why I wished I had an embarrassed emoticon...I felt bad for thinking you were just poking fun...but then realized you really were serious that you couldn't find it.

Are you going to do like a spreadsheet or something, and compare to Rand's views?
That would be very interesting.
A former member
Post #: 165
I found this at gop.com. I will also look & see if the Dems. & the Libs have the same kind of deal. I hope they all do feel free to post them here if you can find them also. I think it is good to see it.

Jamie

Republican Principles

I'm a Republican Because...

I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.

I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.

I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.

I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.

I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.

I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.

I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.

I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.

FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.

Ok this is as close as " Republican Princibles " post above. It's really kind of diff, yet the best I could do. If any of you can find something better, feel free to do so.

Jamie

What Is The Libertarian Party?

The Libertarian Party is your representative in American politics. It is the only political organization which respects you as a unique and competent individual.

America's Heritage
Libertarians believe in the American heritage of liberty, enterprise, and personal responsibility. Libertarians recognize the responsibility we all share to preserve this precious heritage for our children and grandchildren.

Free and Independent
Libertarians believe that being free and independent is a great way to live. We want a system which encourages all people to choose what they want from life; that lets them live, love, work, play, and dream their own way.

Caring For People
The Libertarian way is a caring, people-centered approach to politics. We believe each individual is unique. We want a system which respects the individual and encourages us to discover the best within ourselves and develop our full potential.

Principled; Consistent
The Libertarian way is a logically consistent approach to politics based on the moral principle of self-ownership. Each individual has the right to control his or her own body, action, speech, and property. Government's only role is to help individuals defend themselves from force and fraud.

Tolerant
The Libertarian Party is for all who don't want to push other people around and don't want to be pushed around themselves. Live and let live is the Libertarian way.

Ok this is the Dems. deal, notice it's "The New Democrat Credo"
I just find that kinda odd, why must it be new?

Jamie

The New Democrat Credo

In keeping with our party's grand tradition, we reaffirm Jefferson's belief in individual liberty and capacity for self-government. We endorse Jackson's credo of equal opportunity for all, special privileges for none. We embrace Roosevelt's thirst for innovation and Kennedy's summons to civic duty. And we intend to carry on Clinton's insistence upon new means to achieve progressive ideals.

We believe that the promise of America is equal opportunity for all and special privilege for none. We believe that economic growth generated in the private sector is the prerequisite for opportunity, and that government's role is to promote growth and to equip Americans with the tools they need to prosper in the New Economy.

We believe that government programs should be grounded in the values most Americans share: work, family, personal responsibility, individual liberty, faith, tolerance, and inclusion.

We believe in community; that we can achieve our individual destinies only if we share a commitment to our national destiny. We believe in an ethic of mutual responsibility in which government has an obligation to create opportunity for citizens, but citizens have an obligation to give something back to the commonwealth.

We believe America has a responsibility to lead the world toward greater political and economic freedom.

We believe that as advocates of activist government, we need to reinvent government so that it is both more responsive and more accountable to those it serves and to the taxpayers who pay for it.
A former member
Post #: 166
Sherry,

" Are you going to do like a spreadsheet or something, and compare to Rand's views? That would be very interesting. "

If I knew how to that would it be a wonderful idea!!!!!!!! I love the idea. Lets try to do that if we can. That is the best thing to do really. Your good at finding things and smart to. GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!! I'll try to see if my wife knows how to do just that. I sure don't. Yet if anyone else can that would be fine as well.

Jamiebiggrin
A former member
Post #: 167
biggrin