North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Wafa Sultan - Arab-American Speaks Out!

Wafa Sultan - Arab-American Speaks Out!

Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 165
Send an Email Post a Greeting
This was on Al Jazeera few days ago…..click below:

http://switch5.castup...­
Dan
dbclawyer
Allen, TX
Post #: 12
I saw this. This lady is great. Rand, again, was right: rats always run at the first sound of a human footstep.
A former member
Post #: 1
Here is a transcript:
http://www.memritv.or...­
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 166
Gad, thanks for the link to a transcript of Dr. Sultan's interview.

The transcript is good reading, but the television interview is much better! Watch the convincing delivery and expressions of the people!

Further, there is an important discrepancy between the subtitles on the video (link in my first post on this thread) and the transcript (link in Gad's post). I also think the video subtitle is more likely to be correct, as it is consistent with the rest of the interview, whereas the transcript is inconsistent with the rest of the interview. I think the transcript should read, in Dr. Sultan's third paragraph:

"... In order to [start] stop this war, they must reexamine their Islamic books and curricula, which are full of calls for takfir and fighting the infidels. ..."

-- Todd
A former member
Post #: 3
An example of good expository prose, as opposed to "suppository" prose wink
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 165
Another interesting article regarding Wafa Sultan appeared on March 14, 2006:

http://memri.org/bin/...­

-- Todd
Santiago Valenzue...
sanjavalen
Dallas, TX
Post #: 48
While I, of course, support Wafa Sultan, I do not think this will end well.

The west has a history of cowardly supplication to terrorists, from Theo Van Gogh on down. She is getting death threats, and it is only a matter of time before someone tries to carry it out. Yet no one is pointing this out and no one is suggesting that the police protect her.

Lets just hope she packs heat and knows how to use it.