North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › NTOS: Assistant Organizers

NTOS: Assistant Organizers

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
March, 2006
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: New Assistant Organizers

It has been just over one year since Julia and I decided to become active in seeking out other Objectivists and promoting Objectivism. I volunteered to be the "Organizer" for this fledgling "Ayn Rand" group on Meetup.com and Julia has been our "Assistant Organizer." In just this one year, we have grown to have 102 members who are Objectivists or who have expressed interest in Objectivism.

As we have grown, many members have offered to help our group, and I sincerely appreciate all the offers and assistance.

Today, I would like to formally honor two of our members who have been offering me outstanding assistance and support: my mother, JulieAnne (aka "jlife"), and my good friend, Dan Chern (aka "Dan Chern"). To recognize their many hours of consultations and other contributions, I have made them "Assistant Organizers" for the North Texas Objectivist Society. This will allow them to better and more directly help me guide, manage, moderate, and build the quality of our society and its events.

With their help and support, I am sure that we will continue to build and promote a better society for all of us -- a society based on Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism, which includes morality based on reason.

Please join us at our next social event, this Saturday, April 1, 2006, to help build our growing society and to welcome our new "Assistant Organizers." If you have not done so already, please RSVP at http://aynrand.meetup...­

-- Todd
Your Organizer
North Texas Objectivist Society
http://aynrand.meetup...­

Edited to clarify that my mother goes by JulieAnne, partly to differentiate from my wife, Julia.
-- Todd

4/16/07
Edited again to correct those pesky question marks Meetup's system substitutues for unrecognized smart characters. These substitutions seem to have started a few months ago, because I am sure I woud have noticed if they had been here when this post was first made a year ago.
-- Todd
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 59
Thanks Dan and JulieAnne.
biggrin

Edited to clarify that my mother goes by JulieAnne.
-- Todd
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 493
April, 2007

To all,

I regret to report that Dan has decided to step down as one of our Assistant Organizers.

I sincerely thank Dan for the tremendous energy, thoughtful input, and untold amount of time he gave during 2006 to helping me organize and manage the North Texas Objectivist Society.

-- Todd