North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Introductions and Hellos

Introductions and Hellos

A former member
Post #: 1
I checked the Table of Contents and didn't notice an appropriate thread for introducing myself.

I've done my homework and I'm ready to discuss, but I feel it appropriate to exchange greetings before I just dive in.

That being said...hello.

Organizer's Note:
I edited title to take CJ's suggestion that we have a thread for "Introductions and Hellos."
-- Todd
Lathanar
Lathanar
Dallas, TX
Post #: 50
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Welcome to the group!

- Travis
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 204
Hi CJ,

Welcome to the North Texas Objectivist Society.

We moderate this message board, but normally try to do so with a light hand. But I understand your "Hello" post as a suggestion that we start a thread for "Introductions and Hellos," so I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of editing the title of your discussion thread for this purpose. I will also soon add it to this Table of Contents.

I am glad to hear that you have done some homework. Now that you have said "hello" -- dive in!

-- Todd
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi CJ,

Welcome to the North Texas Objectivist Society.

We moderate this message board, but normally try to do so with a light hand. But I understand your "Hello" post as a suggestion that we start a thread for "Introductions and Hellos," so I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of editing the title of your discussion thread for this purpose. I will also soon add it to this Table of Contents.

I am glad to hear that you have done some homework. Now that you have said "hello" -- dive in!

-- Todd
Not at all. It is exciting that my first ever post gets added to the table of contents.

I've been on many a message board that was considerably less inviting.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 95
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Welcome, CJ!
Dan
dbclawyer
Allen, TX
Post #: 35
Welcome aboard.
Chris Jones
gearjammer351
Dallas, TX
Post #: 33
Welcome to the group, we're pleased that you chose to join. As a relatively new member myself, I recommend going to the meetings. The discussions vary, with something to suit all tastes, and the hosts are great.
A former member
Post #: 13
Welcome to the group, we're pleased that you chose to join. As a relatively new member myself, I recommend going to the meetings. The discussions vary, with something to suit all tastes, and the hosts are great.
I live many hours from the metroplex, but I will do my best.
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 209

Yes, it looks like it would take you about 5 hours, each way. While we have two members who drive about once a month or so from Oklahoma about 3 hours each way, you would set a record it you make it here!

Perhaps if you came out here once or twice, we could come up with some ideas to make the trip more worth your while? For example, you might spend the weekend visiting the metroplex? After meeting you, if you like each other in person, Chris (above) might be willing to spend an afternoon knocking about with you? There's a lot to do around here. Do you like shooting? Good eating? Good company?

While you are totally welcome, I don't recommend the "The DaVinci Code" for your first trip, because about half the time we normally meet would be spent in the theater. Perhaps the next one?

-- Todd
A former member
Post #: 14

Yes, it looks like it would take you about 5 hours, each way. While we have two members who drive about once a month or so from Oklahoma about 3 hours each way, you would set a record it you make it here!

Perhaps if you came out here once or twice, we could come up with some ideas to make the trip more worth your while? For example, you might spend the weekend visiting the metroplex? After meeting you, if you like each other in person, Chris (above) might be willing to spend an afternoon knocking about with you? There's a lot to do around here. Do you like shooting? Good eating? Good company?

While you are totally welcome, I don't recommend the "The DaVinci Code" for your first trip, because about half the time we normally meet would be spent in the theater. Perhaps the next one?

-- Todd
I'll make an effort to come at least once this summer. I've been planning a road trip at some point anyway.