North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Are we not Objectivist?

Are we not Objectivist?

Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello everybody,

Sorry I'm so late to the party.

The David Croft issue:

I just finished visiting His web page. WHY IN THE WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS THIS ISSUE EVEN BEING DEBATED? Did we all see the same page? Doesn't Scientology already exist?

David Croft . . . if your out there . . . sorry dude. You are not an Objectivist. Period. And your web page is full frontal wackyness! I think you might have more in common with Timothy Leary than Ayn Rand. I'm sorry, I just cannot take you seriously after seeing that page. Frankly, I just don't understand your interest in objectivism. You seem like a nice guy . . . but what's up?

Todd you deserve a metal of honor!

WAIT! I've gotta Jehovah Witness at my front door--can I bring the little chap to the next meeting? He's got potential! He rides a bike!
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 126
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member

WAIT! I've gotta Jehovah Witness at my front door--can I bring the little chap to the next meeting? He's got potential! He rides a bike!

Are you sure you don't have a Mormon at the door? They are famous for their bike preaching. I think that is pretty cool, actually. At least they are fun to watch and easy to spot and don't take up parking spaces hahah.
Witnesses do not do that. They like car groups. No they LOVE car groups.

I actually was one for many, many years. Seriously, if you bought a car, used or new, and it wasn't a 4 door, so that you could fit more people in your car for "field service" (going out in the preaching work, door to door), you were looked down upon in some congregations.

Personally, I think one has to be at least leaning towards somewhat of an agnostic mind at the very least to even be able to start studying Objectivism for any of it to make sense. Kinda hard to teach what volitional and free will is to someone that cannot let go of the mystical. But I still have much to learn myself.

I would love to be a fly on the wall during THAT conversation though, hahah. You have brought a smile to my face today hahah.

( BTW..even though I totally understand and support Todd's decision, David is a friend of mine. I agree with you that Todd is doing a good job here, and he is doing a great job defending his decision in the appropriate threads.

This is at least the 2nd thread started regarding the issues after David has been gone. I see that you have bothered to do your homework (which I commend you for) to come to your own conclusion on the matter.

So far people on both sides of the issues have been keeping things from getting personal, (because it is not a personal issue at all) but I fear that won't be the case if people keep starting new threads on it. So, my suggestion...or rather, my plea, for the sake of JUSTICE is this: if we could just let those that are already dealing with the ones that have issues discuss it in the appropriate threads do so, and the rest of move on, that would be nice. )

Welcome to the board...and I hope to meet you at an event in the near future!
=)
Dan
dbclawyer
Allen, TX
Post #: 43
I think Sherry's idea is a good one. If we are going to comment as to David's removal, etc we can do it on the existing thread regarding his removal.

Dan
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 225
I request that we bring this discussion [regarding my removal of David Croft] to a close.

This subject involves personal relationships among us. For example, on a related discussion thread Sherry pointed out that David and his family have been her family's long-time friends. While she personally understands and supports my decision, I hope we can all understand the continued discussion cannot help but rub salt into the wound.

Our standards for participation are a work in progress. I thank each person who has expressed respectful support for or criticism of my action.

-- Todd