North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Progress of Objectivism - Post from COOG

Progress of Objectivism - Post from COOG

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 266
Organizer's Note:
I just noticed the following post by Rob Abiera on the Central Oklahoma Objectivist Group ("COOG") message board, and am taking the liberty of posting it here. As it is in the nature of a brief news item that we would probably find of general interest here as well, I hope that Rob Abiera does not mind me doing so.
-- Todd

The annual Objectivism Conference is going on now in Boston. Harry Binswanger reported on a presentation by ARI pres Yaron Brook on the spread of Objectivism in the culture.

HB reports that an unprecedented number of Objectivist programs have been established at colleges: 28 to be exact. Ayn Rand always maintained that the main challenge for Objectivism would be getting in to the college philosophy departments - where Marx and Kant hold sway and the only place where a genuine effort to undermine their influence could start. This is a crucial development, considered unthinkable even a few short years ago.

Objectivists are now being accepted into top Ph. D. programs in philosphy, including Oxford.

These developments say much about Objectivism's acceptance in the world of academic philosophy.

Objectivist commentators are now in such demand on national TV that they could appear at least every day if there were enough of them.

In a related development, the Objectivist Club Association has been founded as a resource for student and community groups. Info is at www.objectivistclubs.org

Edited by Rob Abieraon Jul 6, 2006 at 7:56 PM
A former member
Post #: 54
Since you included proper attribution - no, I don't mind.

And I probably should have mentioned that I originally got the information from a post on the HBList, moderated by Harry Binswanger.
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 267
Since you included proper attribution - no, I don't mind.

And I probably should have mentioned that I originally got the information from a post on the HBList, moderated by Harry Binswanger.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your express permission and the further credit to a post on the HBList.

In reviewing my initial re-posting of your post, however, I noticed that the attribution to you that I originally gave at the bottom as a post script was still a bit misleading in that it first appeared that the posting was my own post. I edited the post above to give better attribution to you as an introduction.

I would normally have sent you an e-mail requesting that you to also post it here yourself, but I was under the impression that you were personally at the conference and might not have ready access to e-mail. Also, I am on vacation, so I am only touching my e-mail every other day or so. I liked your post so much that I didn't want to wait for days to get it up here.

We all should take the utmost care to respect copyrights and give proper attribution.

I am glad to see that you are checking in with NTOS once in a while!

-- Todd