North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Humor: Refusal to Accept Rejection

Humor: Refusal to Accept Rejection

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 382
I found this on Diana Hsieh's blog posted on Dec. 9, 2006
http://www.dianahsieh...­

Herbert A. Millington
Chair - Search Committee
412A Clarkson Hall, Whitson University
College Hill, MA 34109

Dear Professor Millington,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me an assistant professor position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,
Chris L. Jensen
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 353
HAHAAH! I have seen this before, but it still makes me laugh.
As outrageous as it sounds, I have heard a story from another recruiter online that actually had a rejected candidate show up to start work after he was told he didn't do well in the interview. Security clarified it for him further that Monday morning.