North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › NTOS: New "Table of Contents" for Message Board -- Please check it

NTOS: New "Table of Contents" for Message Board
-- Please check it out and comment here!

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
To all,

In case you haven't noticed, our NTOS Message Board has really grown over the past year. We already have nearly 200 separate discussion threads including at least 75 substantive discussions and numerous event announcements. On top of that, some of the substantive discussion threads have generated numerous replies, so that we have had hundreds of posts.

We have one of the most active message boards, by far, for any Meetup group of comparable membership, not just regarding Ayn Rand and Objectivism, but regardless of the group’s subject matter.

In fact, our NTOS message board has grown so large that it is becoming unwieldy. By default, messages are displayed in simple chronological order at 20 topics per page. It is tedious for a person to sift through the 9 pages of our message board to find any particular topic, and the problem is growing!

To solve this happy problem, I have created a “Table of Contents” for our message board. Please check it out at ­Look Here First! Table of Contents for NTOS Message Board

I would sincerely welcome any comments or suggestions that you might have. Please bear in mind that while Meetup.com has many great features for organizing our group, I still have to work within the structure of Meetup.com and cannot change the generic message board format.

I really do want your feedback. My main question is: does this improve your experience on our NTOS message board?

-- Todd
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 196
I have toned down the size of the major headings so they are not "shouting" so much, but they may still be too large. For those of you who didn't see it before this edit, take my word for it -- they were huge. Please let me know if they are still too big.

Part of my problem is that I need to get reading glasses!

-- Todd