North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Tools to use to advertise NTOS and Objectivism

Tools to use to advertise NTOS and Objectivism

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 216
Last night at Halfprice books Travis found The Early Works of Ayn Rand, so we picked that up along with the audio version of Anthem. I have been listening to The Fountainhead in the car, and forgot it was on while I was talking to Rebecca and Olivia as I was driving them back from school the other day. Rebecca was apparantly listening very intently to the scene where Keating and Dominique are having dinner with Gayle Wynwand, because all of a sudden she piped up "Oh! He is trying to steal that guy's wife!"

Oops..! Rebecca was quite annoyed when I decided that I should turn Fountainhead off. I told her she could listen to it and read the book when she got older.

Anyhoo...I figured I could play Anthem when they are in the car instead. It seems innocent enough, don't you think, for kids?

On another issue: the cashier that was ringing up the purchase said to us "Oh Ayn Rand! She and Carl Sagan changed my life!" We had a very brief conversation with him on other reading interests he had. Alas, there were too many people in line where we felt it would be appropriate to take up any more of his time to bring up NTOS. However, this is where perhaps having something to hand out in one's wallet could come in handy.

I don't propose handing stuff out with the religious "spread the word to all" fervour of the bible class. But this is the 2nd incident (in a half price book store no less) that it would have come in handy. Something to give to someone that perhaps have shown an interest in Rand's work or Objectivism, and that we have a conversation with already.

Meetup.com has fliers and cards that can be edited, is this something we should be taking advatage of?
I was personally thinking of making my own that included a link to this group and some other Objectivism friendly sites.