North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 354
I am sure many of you have already read Alex Epstein's op-ed "The Meaning of New Year's Resolutions".

I thought it was a very good piece, and it reminded me of Craig Biddle's talk about living purposefully. There has been some discussion on other boards about how some view New Year's resolutions as worthless, since so many today treat them insincerely, as if they are just a fad. However, I think Alex Epstein does a good job defending how they can be a good part of living purposefully.

You can read the piece here.
Gretchen Thomas
sleepyop
Cedar Park, TX
Post #: 1

I agree. I thought his piece was well written and appealed to a general audience. I even sent it to my boss with a suggestion about how to apply it to our next staff meeting. I have yet to hear back from her, but I'm interested in learning how a non-O'ist interprets the piece.

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 358
That's a great idea.
I may email it to a friend of mine that was stating she thought they were a waste of time. I think even someone not exposed to Objectivism should be able to see some reason in the article.