North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Any interest in seeing any of these movies to be released in 2007?

Any interest in seeing any of these movies to be released in 2007?

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 447
About a dozen of us enjoyed getting together after seeing the "300" last Saturday.

Any interest in seeing any of these? Or anything else?

(In order of release date)

The Lives of Others
In 1984, five years before the fall of East Berlin, Captain Gerd Wiesler (Ulrich Mühe) is employed by the Stasi, East Germany's incredibly powerful secret police. He is asked to spy on a celebrated playwright and actress couple, Georg Dreyman (Sebastian Koch) and Christa-Maria Sieland (Martina Gedeck). But as his role as an observer suddenly morphs into that of a manipulator, Wiesler is stuck in a very dangerous game.
Release Deate: Feb. 9, 2007
P.S. Suggested by Rob Abiera on our message board at: http://aynrand.meetup...­
I don't know how much longer it will be at the theater.

Sacco and Vanzetti
This documentary explores the true life trial of the two Italian immigrants who were accused of murder in 1920 and executed for the crime seven years later. Featuring readings of the men's jailhouse writings by John Turturro and Tony Shalhoub, as well as modern-day commentary by Howard Zinn and Studs Turkel to discuss issues of racism and intolerance that still affect this country today.
Release Date: March 23, 2007

Rescue Dawn
Based on a true story, Dieter Dengler (Christian Bale) is a fighter pilot shot down during the Vietnam war. Taken hostage at a POW camp, Dengler arranges a masterful escape plan to get away from his sadistic captors.
Release Date: March 30, 2007

Spider-Man 3
Having settled into his relationship with M.J. (Kirsten Dunst) and come to terms with bein' Spider-Man, Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is one happy fella. But not for long. Soon, his love life is complicated by an old flame, Gwen Stacy (Bryce Dallas Howard); two new baddies (Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace) are on his tail; and Harry Osborn (James Franco) suffers some seriously conflicted feelings about his old pal and a potential secret identity.
Release Date: May 4, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) boldly goes where no pirate has gone before. Along with Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), the unconventional seafarer sails into uncharted waters and meets a new rival, Captain Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat), on the high seas.
Release Date: May 25, 2007

The Trials of Darryl Hunt
This documentary recounts the tragic story of Darryl Hunt who, in 1984, was convicted of raping and killing newspaper reporter Deborah Sykes. Hunt then spent the next 18 years behind bars until DNA evidence eventually proved that he was innocent and he was released.
Release Date: June 1, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
In his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) is now 15-years-old and preparing for the Ordinary Wizarding Levels examinations after a long summer away from school. He's also recruited by a secret organization to prepare for the eventual return of the epitome of evil, Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). Although, the group busies itself behind the scenes, no other wizard believes Harry and Dumbledore's (Michael Gambon) dire warnings, forcing a new witch (Helena Bonham Carter) to assume control of the magical school.
Release Date: July 13, 2007

The Last Legion
Set at the Roman Empire is on the decline, The Last Legion follows a brave young warrior who travels to Britain in search of a new world. Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley star.
Release Date: Aug. 24, 2007

Mongol
This historical biopic looks at the life of a young Genghis Khan and how he went from being a slave to conquering half of the world in 1206.
Release Date: TBA 2007

Persepolis
Based on her best-selling autobiographical memoir, Marjane Satrapi comes of age during the Islamic Revolution of the '70s in Iran. Confused by the new restrictions on her freedom, Marjane finds ways to rebel against the new social order. As she gets older and even more rebelious, Marjane's parents have to make the uncomfortable decision to send their daughter to boarding school in Austria where she struggles to fit in.
Release Date: TBA 2007
A former member
Post #: 49
Yes, big interest.
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 446
Yes, big interest.

Hi Jeff,

Any of these in particular? Any you would definitely not want to waste your time on? Any other suggestions?

-- Todd
A former member
Post #: 50
Sacco and Vanzetti

I pass on this one. But the others look good to me.

Pytheus.
Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 33
"The Last Legion" looks pretty interesting.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 434
I am interested in the last three.
If I go see Harry Potter, Pirates or Spiderman with out my kids, there will be a rebellion, so I am not interested in seeing it as an NTOS event.
Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 9
Emily and I are up for Harry Potter and Pirates for sure. I will have to see some reviews to decide on the others.
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 512
OK folks,

The schedule of selected movie events has been set up.

See our "Calendar" -- I prefer the "list view" at ­http://aynrand.meetup...­

Please RSVP to join us, if you might like to see any of these!

-- Todd