North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › "Face your fear!"

"Face your fear!"

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 439
My young ones often like to talk about "facing your fear" when playing video games, or watching movies. The last few years they have applied this saying in real life too. (Ie..."I am no longer afraid of picking up the ferret, and I have faced my fear" or "I don't freak out when the neighbor's dog is out, I am facing my fears" etc.)
This past weekend the youngest attended a birthday party where there were some interesting "guests". She goes to an awesome school (as many of you know) and I believe the education she gets there has a lot to do with her facing a lot of her fears the past several months. (Thank you Julia and Todd!)

Here is one even I am not ready to deal with yet hahah:

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 439
Oddly enough...the picture was showing last night but not today?
any suggestions?
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 499
Hi Sherry,

I never got to see the picture. I am currious!

-- Todd
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 452
http://sherrykarr.tri...­

It still won't work....but here is the link:
Face your fear
Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 19
Your problem is because tripod won't let you post pictures on other webpages. You have you either use a service like photobucket.com or just post a link to your tripod page like you did.

That being said, you have a neat picture there. That reminds me a little of the Dr. Dunlap at the outdoor learning center in Plano. Has anyone else been there? A long time ago, he was at Plano Sr. High across the hall from the pre-school that I went too. He had a giant python named Katy that we got to pet all the time. I think it was about 17 ft when I first saw her. Dr. Dunlap brought her to me elementary school every year, and I think by the time I was in 5th grade Katy was about 23 ft long, and the whole class could pet her at the same time.
A former member
Post #: 70
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Litany Against Fear
Dune
Frank Herbert
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 455
Scott...thanks. That is annoying...grrr....I guess I will have to figure something else out. Travis went to a school where one of the teachers let his pet snake bop around the classroom during class.

Jeff - that is a good quote. I have never read the Dune books, but saw part of the movie.

Unfortunately, my kids cannot get over the "fear" of cleaning their rooms....confused
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 506
Hi Sherry,
I forgot to thank you for the photo.
I was at that birthday party. It was informative and the kids loved the experience with the animals.
-- Todd