Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 37
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey everybody,

We (Tom and Pam) are going to see the rock band RUSH on 8/11. I thought this would make a great objectivist event.

If your not familiar with RUSH they are a progressive rock band that started in the seventies. Their music is not for everyone--mellow would not be a word I would use to describe their sound. However, their music is more complex than most rock music and the lyrics are excellent.

And just as a side note:

Their album "2112" was dedicated to Ayn Rand.

Here are a couple of examples of their lyrics:

http://www.azlyrics.c...­

http://www.azlyrics.c...­

If your interested let us know.

Maybe we can get together before or after the concert.

Tom
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 482
Hi Tom,

Julia and I are interested. Let's talk so we can try to organize an event!

-- Todd
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 446
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Both myself and my spousal unit is interested as well.
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 14
Emily and I will probably go too.
Hammad Hussain
user 2469690
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 62
I'd be interested. Last time I checked, Rush isn't playing a date in Oklahoma. If a group from NTOS goes, I'll take a Greyhound bus to Dallas and back, if I can.

--Ahmad Hassan
A former member
Post #: 1
I would hate to miss Rush. I have seen them twice now and they are outstanding live! Some folks from work are going as well.
Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 39
The tickets are 75.00, 55.00, and 35.00

I believe the 75.00 seats are sold out.

However, we did buy our tickets the day they went on sale--about two weeks ago. We are setting in section 204 row DD.

They still have 55.00 and 35.00 tickets.
Dan
dbclawyer
Allen, TX
Post #: 111
Ok, I am going to carbon-date myself here: I first saw Rush on their "Hemispheres" tour. I saw them a few times since; once at a Texas Jam. They never disappointed.

Dan
Chuck
SmithChuck
Mesquite, TX
Post #: 40
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
My 14-year-old son Blake, who is trying to become a drummer, is an admirer of Neil Peart, reputedly the world's top rock drummer (who also writes the Rush lyrics). I'd like to take Blake to this event, but having never been to a 'hard' rock concert before, I'm curious whether you guys think it would be okay to take a (fairly mature) 14-year-old. At the concerts I've been to in the last few years, the crowd was mostly about my age and pretty tranquil, compared to 25-30 years ago.
Maybe we can all coordinate to get tickets nearby to Tom & Pam.
Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 40
Chuck,

I think it would be a great idea to bring your son. The Rush crowd is much different than most other rock concert crowds. Lots of computer programmers!