North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › The Connery Homestead

The Connery Homestead

Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 22
I just took a couple of pictures around the house, and I thought I would share them with you.

These are the two goats we got yesterday. They are Nigerian dwarfs, which is a milk breed that tops out at about 60-70 lbs. The one on the left is a boy and we have named him Peanut. We don't have a name for the girl yet. We are trying to do a classic literature theme for our goats, so if you have any suggestions they are welcome.

This is one of the blackberry bushes we put in. I ate the first one today, but it wasn't quite ripe.

This is our corn. I think it will be ready in 1-2 weeks. We also have okra, cucumbers, (which have been producing like crazy) and several varieties of tomatoes .

These are our two dogs. Maggie is the one on the left. She is a Canaan dog, which was a breed I had never heard about until several years after we got her. Ajax is the black lab, and he is almost 2, but a still a goofy puppy
Santiago Valenzue...
sanjavalen
Dallas, TX
Post #: 191
Well, when the zombie invasion comes, I know where to go.
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 23
As long as you bring plenty of food and ammo you are welcome tongue
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 492
oooo
I expect some goat cheese at a future meetup.
nice pictures!
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 24
If I ever make any, I will bring it. It might be a while though. The girl won't be ready to be bred for 7 months or so, and then it will be another 6 months before she would actually give birth and be able to produce milk.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 496
Good cheese is worth the wait. =)
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 25
I think so too. Whether or not I can actually make good cheese is another question altogether.

I made a really good ricotta cheese from store bought milk, but I haven't aged the others enough to know if they are actually any good or not.