North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Twas a good time Saturday.....

Twas a good time Saturday.....

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 517
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Just wanted to pop in and say it was nice to see a bunch of familiar folks last night, as well as getting to meet a few new faces.
Chewy Ciabatta (my baby niece) had a grand time too. Thanks Pam and Emily for helping keep an eye on her - especially during Eden's accident.
A former member
Post #: 35
sorry I missed it. Billy had a swim meet I thought was going to end at 4:00 or so, but actually lasted until almost 8:00. It was a beating.

Isaac
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 519
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
How'd he do?

I have found that the kids' activities are some time more exhausting for me than them hahah.
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 552
Send an Email Post a Greeting
From what I could observe (so much was going on!), we had a wonderful social gathering in NTOS last Saturday night (June 23, 2007).

As usual, we started at 5:00 PM with about 8 people in a friendly OPAR discussion session, and then others started showing up around 6:30 or so. We had a total of 43 people, including 10 children and a couple of young women we know to help us as sitters with all the kids.

The kids were able to enjoy the pool -- twice -- before dinner and after dinner, and seemed to have a grand time, too. (Cody: We found your daughter's swim suit & towel.)

Most people stayed till past 11 PM, many even later, and a few until 3:00 AM!

Think about it: We had another event 10 hours long!

Everyone seemed to really have a good time, with lots of different discussions going on. This is the kind of event we are trying to build for all of us to share and enjoy.

The only downside was I over-cooked the roast and pork, so it was too dry. I don't think anybody really had time to pay a lot of attention to what they ate, though. I think I've learned from this, and hope I'll be able to do better next time I use our smoker. Plus, I won't have to get up so early in the morning to start. :)

Because "Mrs. Old Toad" and I will be in Galveston for the weekend after this coming 4th of July and we have an event to go to see Harry Potter on July 21st, our next event at "the Ranch" is scheduled for July 28, 2007.
Dorian
dd083
McKinney, TX
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
It was nice to meet everyone, I had a great time.

I would have stayed longer but I just had a really long day, including 3 hours of basketball with some friends earlier in the day! I could easily see myself staying much longer at future meetings considering all the interesting conversations.

I thought the food was great. I must have got a good piece of the pork, I didn't even notice it was dry. It was worth my $20 donation but I'd rather not call it that. :)
A former member
Post #: 38
Billy did good. He swam a personal best in 50 m freestyle at 32.42 sec. That makes him a BB swimmer. He is working toward being a A swimmer by the time he starts Highscool in the fall.

He completely ran out of gass in the 100 m freestyle. He has been working out 5 days a week and the swim meet made it 7 days so I think he just was too worn out for a longer race.