North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Any interest in dove season?

Any interest in dove season?

Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 28
Dove season is right around the corner, and I am just wondering if anyone else is interested. If you have never tried it before, but are interested, I would be happy to show you the ropes.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 553
If you are talking about an Objectivist "What would you do for a Dove Bar?" (insert flashback to what would you do for a Klondike Bar commercial here) count me in.

If it is shooting birds instead of eating chocolate covered ice cream, not so much. But have fun. I hear they are tasty.
Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 29
They are pretty tasty, but more than that, its a good excuse to go spend some time outside with my friends and dogs.

You had better believe that if there were dove bars flying around just waiting to be shot that it would be a popular sport!
Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 30
I just thought I would throw this ad for any of you interested in trying it out, but afraid of the cost:

http://www.academy.co...­

You can get a Remington 870 (adult or youth size) for $200. I think hunting tags run about $40 or $50. That, and a few boxes of shells, is all you really need to have a great afternoon.

If you try it out a couple times and don't like it, I'm sure you could sell the gun for $150 without too much trouble.
A former member
Post #: 40
I'd like to go. When exactly is dove season?
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 557
Is Dick Cheney going to be there?
Scott C.
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 31
Dove season starts Sept 1, and ends Oct 30.