Chad Henson
user 4136954
Savoy, IL
Post #: 9
I was happy to learn that a number of us are D&D fans. Anyone interested in getting a game together should post here, and we'll try to set up a time. I'm thinking maybe Sundays? That doesn't conflict with most NTOS events and allows those of us with full-time jobs to keep our normal weeks.

This, by the way, is something that should NOT be considered an NTOS event. Maybe an announcement would be appropriate? One of the things I intend to explore with this is how an Objectivist D&D group would treat good/evil or law/chaos differently than other groups I've played in.
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 593
Hi Chad,

This, by the way, is something that should NOT be considered an NTOS event. Maybe an announcement would be appropriate? ...

I am glad to see your post.

I suggest none of us be too sensitive about "official" NTOS events, even though we have had some small controversy over our supporting an "official" dove-hunting event. I don't mean to highjack this discussion thread, so I will post a few more thoughts on the topic of appropriate events for NTOS on back on the "official" dove-hunting thread here: http://aynrand.meetup...­.

-- Todd
A former member
Post #: 129
Chad you naughty Orc!

I would be interested in DMing (sp?) a group, but...I do have a great deal of activity at the moment. But, if there is enough interest I will see what I can do!

Pytheus
Lathanar
Lathanar
Dallas, TX
Post #: 313
Time is such a major factor, but it would be an interesting excercise to see how the gaming would turn out with a bunch of Objectivist players. I would maybe possibly be able to make a game or two and I imagine Seamus would be up for it.

- Travis
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 569

This, by the way, is something that should NOT be considered an NTOS event.

Oh my goodness...I agree with you there...it may scare people away!!! tongue

Have fun with that....I am sure the boy and Travis will be happy to join you.
Donovan
Donovan.A
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
I enjoy Axis & Allies...
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 35
I'm a huge Axis and Allies fan. I would love to be able to get a game together once or twice a month.
A former member
Post #: 131
AD&D is good.

No problem with A&A.

But if someone suggests Squad Commander my "cultural sensabilities" will be "disquieted"

cool
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 572
AD&D is good.

No problem with A&A.

But if someone suggests Squad Commander my "cultural sensabilities" will be "disquieted"

cool

World of Warcraft does that for me...shudder...actually ANYTHING that takes time away from me EXTREMELY offends my "cultural sensabilities", which it turn, results in me being not so "dis" quieted as openly not quieted. Loudly. (I have witnesses!)
tongue
Santiago Valenzue...
sanjavalen
Dallas, TX
Post #: 201
Only if I can play as Ron Paul.

(Actually, I'm a tad busy to be doing that, so I'm afraid not. But good luck guys.)