North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Digg It - Ayn Rand Lexicon Now Online

Digg It - Ayn Rand Lexicon Now Online

A former member
Post #: 15
Maybe you have already recieved an email notification from ARI that the entire Ayn Rand Lexicon is now browseable online. If not, now you know.

I have also started a Digg page for the Lexicon. To help promote the discovery of Objectivism and Ayn Rand by a new generation of Web savvy thinkers, think about giving a Digg.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 596
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Very cool - I have the hard copy, but that will be very useful as well. Thanks for sharing.
A former member
Post #: 57
Here is the part of Metaphysics that I have been whining that I am stuck on. Leonard P. says:

"Existence is a primary: it is uncreated, indestructible, eternal. So if you are to postulate something beyond existence?some supernatural realm?you must do it by openly denying reason, dispensing with definitions, proofs, arguments, and saying flatly, "To Hell with argument, I have faith." That, of course, is a willful rejection of reason."

It seems to me that "uncreated", "indistructable", and "eternal" are all very specious assumptions. If one can concieve of eternal than why can one not concieve of nothingness. An if one concieves of nothingness than the uncreated argument may well be invalid.

It is very slippery ground dealing in the infinite and absolute. Things that never began but yet somehow are, and/or things that will never end but continuously change.

Perhaps it is so, but it is not intuitively obvious and it seems that there should be some proof if we are to absolutely except these concepts as the metaphysical foundation of all knowledge.