North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Speaking of Liberty

Speaking of Liberty

A former member
Post #: 146
I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but a couple of weeks ago The Wall Street Journal (That's a business newspaper for you unwashed souls) ran a FRONT page article on Argyle Texas. It seems there are major goings-on in the Argyle school system over dancing. That's right folks...dancing. Seems the teeny boppers like to bump and grind just a wee bit too much for the stand-sit-kneel-stand-genuflect-sit-knee­l-have a cracker-genflect-kneel crowd in Argyle. So the staunch defenders of western values out there have more-or-less banned dancing.

The controversy rages.

It seems the "dirty" dancing may lead to fornication, drug use, and a spot on MTV "Cribs".

If you know anyone living in Argyle or the surrounding area you may want to say a prayer for them and ask <insert name of your god> to protect them from that heathen dancing. My cats, who are by the way the REAL Gods, plan to do nothing. But they would like your tax free donation for more treats. :)

Good luck country folk! :)

Pytheus
Karen Gainey
skgainey
Sulphur, OK
Post #: 5
Footloose was based on Elmore City, OK... Do you think Argyle finally got that movie in their video store?

Karen
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 605
OOO that is one of my fav teen movies. That and Dirty Dancing....which mentions The Fountainhead - so it all has come full cycle it seems.
MUAHAHA!

Argyle - well, I have to say I wouldn't want my kids doing some of the lewd dancing I have seen on TV, but that isn't justification for banning dancing. That is just stupid.

Maybe Kevin Bacon will show up and set them all straight (oooo I just swoon at THAT idea! Since we are in Argle for all the meetups at the ranch, maybe he can stop by. biggrin)
Donovan
Donovan.A
Dallas, TX
Post #: 16
Good to know. I will refrain from doing anything that might be considered "dancing" if I ever find myself in Argyle.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 612
Donovan,
Todd announced that the next NTOS events are going to be "Dance, Dance Revolution" themed, and that you were the opening act.

I will be sorely disappointed if this not the case. tongue
Chuck
SmithChuck
Mesquite, TX
Post #: 57
Is it true that Baptists never make love standing up.....because they're afraid God will see them, and think they're dancing?
JoAnne Drew
user 5072024
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
Baptists don't make love, they procreate. biggrinJoAnne