North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Positive signs in Oklahoma

Positive signs in Oklahoma

Chad
prorescue
Norman, OK
Post #: 34
Thanks to the efforts of Ahmad to rekindle the Central Oklahoma Objectivist Group and handle website moderation on Meetup.com, we had a successful meeting last night in Norman (part of the Oklahoma City metroplex). Seven people attended which is five more than each of the two previous attempts last year which each had two. It seems an enjoyable time was had by all.

Although still working full-time, I'm back in school this semester pursuing my next degree and next semester will be splitting my time between two schools including the University of Oklahoma. This will allow me access to campus resources and hopefully begin to generate student involvement. Since Objectivism is not yet widely accepted in academia, Ahmad has been limited in what he can do on campus. The powers that be, who control his pursuit of his PhD in philosophy, would not look favorably on such efforts. As I have no affiliation with the philosophy department, I won't have those constraints. My only constraint will be time.

I want to keep the NTOS informed as its success is what encouraged me to become involved locally in the first place.

Chad V.
Scott Connery
Scott_Connery
Dallas, TX
Post #: 50
Thats great news! I hope things keep growing for you.
Karen Gainey
skgainey
Sulphur, OK
Post #: 10
Awesome!! We are in OKC every weekend - where do I sign up for meetup?

Karen
A former member
Post #: 57
OMG we've spawned!!
Chad
prorescue
Norman, OK
Post #: 35
Karen,

We are on Meetup.com at:

http://aynrand.meetup...­

Hope you guys can attend in the future. Our next meeting will likely be in January.

Chad V.
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 682
At our first NTOS outing to a symphony last night, we were glad to have a chance to visit with Chad and Ahmad, who again drove down from Oklahoma City area to join us for one of our events.

I had the opportunity to hear about their recent organizing meeting of an Objectivist group in Oklahoma. If I remember right, they said they had seven interested people attend their first meeting, which sounds like a great start.

As Chad and Ahmad have made the long drive to visit us many times in the past couple of years, I would like to reciprocate sometime. Perhaps this summer a few of us would like to make a road trip to visit Ahmad's group in Oklahoma City?

Let me know, and we will start planning something!