North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › NTOS Events -- Not just on Saturdays anymore!

NTOS Events -- Not just on Saturdays anymore!

Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
For all those who have asked for times to meet other than Saturdays, we have scheduled several events that we hope will be of interest to you. Please check our calendar and join us for one of these events if you can!

Sunday, February 17, 2008
8th NTOS Movie & Dinner After: "The Spiderwick Chronicles"
This movie should be fun for kids, too.
After the movie, we are planning to meet around 6:15 pm at a restaurant in Plano.
It is OK to only join us for dinner. Please RSVP and I will send you the details!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Ayan Hirsi Ali to speak in DFW and dinner after
I regret the short notice regarding this event, but I did not have the event information any earlier. We already have 19 people joining us for this event; unfortunately there are not any more tickets available. If you want to join us for dinner after, however, please let me know via e-mail and I will send you the restaurant details as soon as those plans are finalized. It will probably be a restaurant at around 8:30 pm.

Thursday, February 28, 2008
7th NTOS Meetup After Work in Dallas - 6:30pm - 8:00pm
at a restaurant in Dallas

Saturday, March 8, 2008
57th NTOS Social @ the Ranch! - 6:30pm until very late
This is one of our regular social gatherings. We usually have 25 - 35 people, including some children. Saturday nights are the most convenient for my family to host, we can stay open until the wee hours of the morning, and most people are free on Saturdays. We hope you can join us sometimes!

DATE CHANGED: Saturday, March 22, 2008
9th NTOS Movie & Late Dinner After: "The Counterfeiters."
"The Counterfeiters" is a limited release movie, which appears to only be coming to a single theater in Ft. Worth in March, so I changed the date for this event. After the movie, we are planning to meet at a restaurant after. Details TBD. If you want to join us just for dinner after, please do! As soon as our plans are finalized, I will send out the details to all those who RSVP.

Saturday, April 5, 2008
3rd Annual SCARBOROUGH FAIRE - 10:00am - 7:00pm
This is great fun for younger people and families with children.

Our next Objectivist speaker: We're working on it. Stay tuned.

You can always check our current calendar and RSVP for events at:
http://aynrand.meetup...­

Sorry to be an e-mail pest today, but we've got lots going on right now!

-- Old Toad, Organizer
North Texas Objectivist Society
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 733
Update

Friday, February 22, 2008
9th NTOS Movie & Late Dinner After.
Regarding the option of going to see the movie "There Will Be Blood" if "The Counterfeiters" is not showing in Dallas, Santiago reports that it is a "horror" movie after all. His friends who have seen it give this verdict: "a horrible anti-capitalist movie, with a man going from very likable to almost insane for no discernible reason other than he became rich."

If "The Counterfeiters" does not come to Dallas theaters, we'll pick something else or cancel this movie event. Any suggestions?
Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 735
Update

Regarding "The Counterfeiters," it appears to only be coming to a single area theater -- in Ft. Worth -- this March, so I changed the location and date.

Plus, as some of our members are in the Ft. Worth area, it's good to have an occasional event in Ft. Worth.