North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Atheist? Apparantly you will help lead us all to Human Extinction!

Atheist? Apparantly you will help lead us all to Human Extinction!

Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 717
At least according to the flow chart found here:
http://www.christianc...­

I just died laughing when I saw this. Too bad so many actually believe this is true.
A former member
Post #: 10
I can see where it comes from though. One of the assumptions that christians (and many other religions) make is that the only source of morality is God. If so, disbelief in God leads to an erosion of morality, and because morality is one of the glues that holds society together, a complete breakdown of society.

To be perfectly honest, this issue was one of the sticking points keeping me from atheism. Coming from a religious background, the only alternative to religion is hedonism (which I think we all agree can be very disruptive to society if taken to a logical extreme). Granted, I know better now.

Unfortunately, based on a particular premise, this argument has some merit. The problem is that the premise is fatally flawed. And try telling most christians that any of their premises are flawed. By and large, good luck with that.
Scott
user 6545865
Dallas, TX
Post #: 31
The fact that they have a flow chart lends a lot to the credibility. I think we all need to rethink a few things. Unless you think extinction is a good thing! devilish
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 727
Flowcharts are the answer.
Maybe if we create some with eye pleasing colors and fonts we can convince the religious that reason is salvation.