North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Fountainhead movie

Fountainhead movie

Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 82
I just thought some of you film buffs out there might get a kick out of knowing that Michael Cimino was scheduled to direct the Foutainhead in 1975. He was to direct it right after Heaven's Gate. I'm not sure if you are all familar with Heaven's Gate but it was one of the most savagley attacked films in motion picture history--savagely attack by the credits. It's not a bad film. Admittedly, it is a little slow. But this should not have ruined Cimino's once promising career--remember he was the director of The Deer Hunter and Year of the Dragon. Anyway, Heavens Gate was a huge bomb and The Foutainhead was scraped in the collateral damage.

It is said that he wrote 27 drafts of the screenplay.

It would have been interesting.
Tom
TAA1
McKinney, TX
Post #: 83
And guess who was going to play Howard Roark?

Clint Eastwood!
A former member
Post #: 2
Does you know any recent news about the Atlas Shrugged movie?

I just thought some of you film buffs out there might get a kick out of knowing that Michael Cimino was scheduled to direct the Foutainhead in 1975. He was to direct it right after Heaven's Gate. I'm not sure if you are all familar with Heaven's Gate but it was one of the most savagley attacked films in motion picture history--savagely attack by the credits. It's not a bad film. Admittedly, it is a little slow. But this should not have ruined Cimino's once promising career--remember he was the director of The Deer Hunter and Year of the Dragon. Anyway, Heavens Gate was a huge bomb and The Foutainhead was scraped in the collateral damage.

It is said that he wrote 27 drafts of the screenplay.

It would have been interesting.

A former member
Post #: 100
I read an interview Angelina Jolie gave discussing her latest movie "Wanted" in which she herself brought up wanting to do the movie. It still might not get made, but at least if it does it'll have a killer star! I think Christopher Walken would make a good Mulligan or Halley.