North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › What does NTOS have to offer us? Here are some examples ...

What does NTOS have to offer us? Here are some examples ...

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Brenda: "Fell in love with Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead last summer and looking to educate myself further."

Farhin: "Just looking for reasonable people who are open to logical discussion. I have recently moved here with my two boys and would like to expose them to other young boys / Texans who find it okay to use their... "

Stuart: "I'm joining because I thought it might be nice to meet some folks who get "it" and me!"

JoAnne: "I've joined to discuss and implement Objectivism actively in my life. My sister, Sherry, told me about the group before I moved and I think I danced and clapped gleefully. Mental cartwheels occurred...."

Josh: "Read Atlas Shrugged several months ago, and I found that the themes throughout Rand's writing really resonated with me. The Fountainhead became my motivational reading, and various other Objectivists ..."

John: "Hi! This is a great way to meet other like-minded and nice folks in a relaxed, social, non-academic setting. We have lots of activities and fun (and good food). If you are curious about us or about Objectivism ...."

Marie: "Hi, I am a huge proponent of Objectivism and avid reader of Ayn Rand. I enjoy discussing her books and philosophy."

Pytheus: ?Objectivist for 20+ years. Author, historian, musician/music lover, coin collector. I like investing and reading company balance sheets, which probably helps explain why I'm not married...or looking ?."

Phillip: "As I read "Atlas Shrugged" I am amazed that a book conceived in the first half of the 20th century could be so prophetic and spot on relevant to the survival of our society in these turbulent..."

Linda: "I live in Houston and have been a member of the Houston Objectivism Society for about 7 years. I'm looking for other Objectivists who like to have FUN - an adventure partner / a life partner / friend ..."

Travis: "I am new to Objectivism and currently going through the process of examining my current morality and how rational reasoning will change it.?

Strider: "I'm student of Ayn Rand and Objectivism, I've read most of her works, works of Leonard Peikoff, Harry Brown. I was born/raised in Washington, D. C. where A does not equal A, and... "

Elizabeth: "I've been kind of a quiet observer, but I'm ready to get involved...I've been an avid Ayn Rand fan for some years now ...."

Scott: "I discovered Rand and Objectivism through the lyrics of the rock band Rush when I was in high school. Her ideas are thrilling to me and I'd like to spend time with like-minded individuals."

Ron: "New to Ayn. Haven't finished even all the books yet :-) "

Mike: "I'm new to the area, having just been assigned to Fort Hood by the military. Based on what I've heard about NTOS I'm definitely looking forward to seeing so many Objectivists in one place...."

Sarah: "I'm new to Objectivism and excited to learn more about it! I'm especially looking forward to attending the study group to further my understanding the Objectivist philosophy."

Jason: "I've always had Objectivist leanings, but didn't really know about the philosophy until recently. Well, let's just say that I'm learning."

Michelle: "I wasn't aware of a "thought group" [I'd hate to say "belief," because it's not rational] named Objectivism until now, but having read through many of the posts on the ...."

Cone: "I'm a board-certified pulmonologist in part-time active practice. A lifetime jazz devoteé, I'm approaching my 20th year as a jazz broadcaster (30 years in broadcasting). I've been keenly ...."

Taryn: "I am 22 and I became introduced to Ayn Rand's philosophy when I read The Fountainhead in high school, followed shortly by Atlas Shrugged. People laugh when I say she changed my life, but it's ..."

Oren: "If John Galt is out there, I'm ready."

Chad: "I'm 22 years old, and I joined for the networking and relationship possibilities. I enjoy art, literature, discussion of important issues, and a challenge. The Rand hero/ine I admire most: Ragnar ..."

Isaac: "I read Atlas Shrugged during my summer vacation to Mexico and decided I really am not one for the mystics. I hope to meet good friends and have fun in this group."

Eric: "I am relatively new to Objectivism and have a desire to learn more."

Daniela: "Hello everyone, I am new to NTOS and to the Dallas area. I just finished reading The Fountainhead, and am currently reading Atlas Shrugged. I look forward to meeting individuals that I can discuss these ..."

Samara: "I read Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead back in college. I love economics, (Austrian economics in particular) and libertarian and Objectivist philosophy. I'd love to meet more people with my interest... "

D.T.: "Introduced to Objectivism by a friend. Have since devoured all Objectivist literature I could lay my hands on."

Nick: "I just joined. Lately I read Anthem and have been reading lots of essays by Ayn Rand. I read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead a couple years ago. A lot of her ideas really are helping me gain some ..."

Sherry: "I have just upgraded myself to OIJ: Objectivist In Training. I discovered Objectivism in the fall of 2005, so I am still a new student. I have read all of Rand's novels, and currently attend the OPAR ...."

Scott: "Hello everyone! I joined this group because I had never actually met an Objectivist in real life before-hand. The experience has been incredibly positive and rewarding for me. The meetups are always fun ...."

Matt: "Interested in Objectivism."

Kevin: "Hello. I'm 32. I live in north Dallas. I agree with most of Ayn Rand's philosophy, and I am interested in meeting other like-minded people. "

Jacob: "I'm new to Dallas and looking forward to meeting like-minded people."

Misha: "Hello. My name is Misha and I am going to school for psychology. I love Objectivism and like to learn as much as possible about it."

Daniela: "Hello everyone, I am new to NTOS and to the Dallas area. I just finished reading The Fountainhead, and am currently reading Atlas Shrugged. I look forward to meeting individuals that I can discuss these ...."

Alan: "Professional Photographer, Resident photographer for the Artisan Center Theater Hurst, TX. I have been an Objectivist since the 1960's."

Brad: "I love Atlas and Fountainhead. I think the first 200 pages of Atlas make up the greatest story ever told. I believe in freedom and I hate regulation, red tape, and bureaucracy. I am new to Dallas and ...."

Cody: "I'm just looking for community of like-minded thinkers who believe in the supremacy of reason and who value rationality."

Chris: "Hello! I was tickled to death to see a billboard with "Who is John Galt?" on SB 35 @ Belt Line. I yearn to be around people who have similar views as my own!"

Richard: "Just a brief note to express my appreciation to Todd for putting this all together. It is both refreshing and encouraging to have the opportunity to meet other Objectivists in DFW. "

Tarah: "My name is Tarah, and I am. I think. I will. What more can I say?"

Michael: "I live in Fort Worth and have been an Objectivist and an ARI contributor for a number of years."

Dana: "I am a young female engineer. I have been following Rand since 2002. I have also recently started reading Maria Montessori's work. I have an interest in education. I live in France because of ...."

Jay: "Over 20 years ago I read 'Atlas Shrugged' that had a profound impact on the way I viewed and lead my life. A few days ago I accidentally came across your group and was very happy to discover... "

Bethany: "I guess I got placed on 'inactive', so here I am again! I am an Objectivist since the age of 14 ...."

Jeff: "I graduated from KU with a BS in Journalism. After graduation, I moved to Russia for 5 months for an internship. I am new to Ayn Rand, but have read Anthem, We The Living, and Atlas Shrugged so far ...."

Michael: "I read The Fountainhead when I was 25, and devoured every other Rand book over the next 3 weeks. I am a tech entrepreneur interested in meeting interesting people."

Would you like to meet people like this?

NTOS now has grown to have over 200 members! You are one of the interesting reasons the others have signed up to join us. The opportunity to meet the others are the reasons you signed up to join us. But we can't meet each other unless ? we meet each other!

Our next social event @ the Ranch is this Saturday, July 19, 2008. (The pool will be open for the kids, too!)

We also have a fantastic speaker scheduled to speak to NTOS on Friday, August 8, 2008.

Will you meet with us? We would like to meet with you!

Please RSVP for our events and visit us when you can, which makes our events more interesting for everybody!

Our calendar is at http://AynRand.Meetup...­

Regards,
"Old Toad," Organizer
North Texas Objectivist Society
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 840
The link above is bad; the correct link is: http://AynRand.Meetup...­