addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Thursday Meetups

Thursday Meetups

A former member
Post #: 14
Anybody else interested in increasing the frequency of the Thursday meetups @ Café Express? I really enjoy them, and I've found that it's a great opportunity for me to introduce my friends and coworkers to the group.

A coworker of mine who attended a Thursday meetup a couple of months ago expressed an interest in coming to the next one. I told him that it would probably be on the 11th, but it hasn't yet been officially scheduled (nudge, nudge).
A former member
Post #: 103
suuure
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 859
As requested:

New Meetup: 15th NTOS: Meet After Work in Dallas - Thur. Sept 4, 2008 - 6:30pm - 8:30 pm!
http://aynrand.meetup...­

I am glad you enjoy them, Josh. I would be glad to schedule more if people are interested. It is difficult for me personally to get to them during the school year, but if others want to carry on without me, that's great!
A former member
Post #: 15
Thanks, Todd. See you this Saturday.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 770
Eee gads - I wish I could get down there - much too far away for me.

Is there something we can get scheduled for the peeps that are north of Dallas sometimes?
Maybe North Dallas, Richardson on Plano?
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 863
Hi Sherry,

There's a Cafe Express in Plano on the Tollway at Legacy. Any other suggestions? Some people like Sushi?

-- Todd
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 771
There is a WONDERFUL Sushi place called Japan House in Plano on Plano Parkway near 75. It is to DIE FOR!
Unfortunately it is about $26 a person - but it has a killer buffet.

There are a few other Sushi places in the Plano area.
Karen G.
skgainey
Sulphur, OK
Post #: 50
Sushi And north of Dallas??? You are talking my language!!! I'm in (if at all possible)!

Actually, we are game for anything that is during the week and further north.
Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 864
Hi Sherry,

Would you spearhead this for us? These don't have to be on Thursdays or always on the same weekday, either--you can choose whatever days would work best for you and that you think would garner the best attendance.
Sherry
SherryTX
Plano, TX
Post #: 773
Let me get back to you all later this week and see what is up with the crazy schedule.
Travis and I both would like to be able to spend more time with people from the group.
I will call around and see what connections I may be able to utilize from meetups I have scheduled with my recruiter group - maybe I can get some sort of deal for us. I know that Japan House is really trying to build up business. I wond a free lunch there a few weeks ago - (talk about heaven!) - and I will give them a call to see if maybe they would throw together some kind of discount package.

I will start putting a list together for cheaper venues as well (though an Objectivist Sushi night at least once a month would just make me giddy!).