add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › The Foundations of Western Music -- Sat. Nov. 8, 2008, 7:00 PM

The Foundations of Western Music -- Sat. Nov. 8, 2008, 7:00 PM

Old T.
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX

NTOS member Jeff Meek is offering to help educate us regarding Western music and the philosophy of Western music.

No formal musical education is required. (That means it's for me.)

His musically illustrated lecture surveys the development of music in the Western world from Pythagoras in ancient Greece to John Cage in the twentieth century. It reviews the major developments, both technical and philosophical, that led to the giants on the Romantic Period of the nineteenth century and subsequent fall in the twentieth.

I think this will be both educational and very enjoyable. We will get to hear many samples illustrating the music he will present to us.

Please help support our occasional speaker events and Jeff Meek's efforts. Your RSVPs are crucial to helping us plan!

The Foundations of Western Music

I hope you will join us this Saturday!
A former member
Post #: 126
Sorry I missed out on this! Sometimes you're the tornado and sometimes you're the trailer park. How'd it go?